Posted by dk on Monday, January 3, 2011 at 7:51pm.
WHAT IS THE LARGEST PERIMETER THAT CAN BE CREATED FOR AN ARRAY CREATED FROM 24 ONE INCH TILES.
4th grade - bobpursley, Monday, January 3, 2011 at 7:52pm
Try laying them in a line...
4th grade - dk, Monday, January 3, 2011 at 7:59pm
4th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 3, 2011 at 8:03pm
Laying the tiles in a line gives you a perimeter of 50 inches.
24 + 24 + 1 + 1
Can you arrange the tiles in any other way to give you a larger perimeter?
4th grade - dk, Monday, January 3, 2011 at 8:08pm
12 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 1 + 1
4th grade - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 3, 2011 at 8:26pm
Print this graph paper and draw your 24 tiles on it.
Remember that each tile measures 1 inch on each side.
The perimeter is the distance around the figure.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math (4th grade) - june made a DESIGN with 6 equal tiles.One tile is yellow, 2 ...
- Math - Josie wants to tile one square section of her countertop. She bought 850...
- 4th grade - what year was the world created?
- Maths - Mary has 6262 square blue tiles and a number of square red tiles. All ...
- 4th grade Number patterns - An artist is arranging tiles in rows to decorate a ...
- 4th grade math - an artist is arranging tiles in rows to decorate a wall each ...
- Integers - Integers greater than 1000 are created using the digits 2, 0, 1, 4 ...
- Art - a local mural completed by a group of teenagers and a large religious ...
- 4th grade - which of the 5 regions contain rich farmland in Arkansas and ...
- math - if i have a 90 length and a 40 width inch of a house and i want to add ...