Posted by Martin on Monday, January 3, 2011 at 12:54am.
given the balanced equation:
What is the total number of moles of O2 that are produced when 8.0 mol of Al2O3(s)are totally decomposed ?
please help me.
- Chem - Dr Russ, Monday, January 3, 2011 at 1:16am
From the equation 2 moles of Al2O3 yields 3 moles of O2
From the equation 4 moles of Al2O3 yields 6 moles of O2
From the equation 8 moles of Al2O3 yields ?? moles of O2
- Chem - Martin , Monday, January 3, 2011 at 1:23am
so the answer is 2 moles ?
- Chem - Martin , Monday, January 3, 2011 at 1:30am
i meant 12* moles
- Chem - Martin , Monday, January 3, 2011 at 1:31am
wait is it 24 moles ?
- Chem - Dr Russ, Monday, January 3, 2011 at 2:58am
Are you just guessing? Which answer are you going for and why?
- Chem - Suha, Monday, January 3, 2011 at 7:02am
It's 12 moles. Cross multiply 8x6= 48, and then 48/4= 12
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - If the reaction of 2.5 g of Al with 2.5 g of O2 produced 3.5 g of ...
- Science - Chemistry - Aluminum oxide is formed from the reaction of metallic ...
- chemistry - A sample of 690. moles of O2 reacted according to the balanced ...
- chemistry - 4Al + 3O2 ---> 2Al2O3 How many moles of Al2O3 are produced when 4...
- Chemistry - Given 2Al(s) + 3/2O2(g) → Al2O3(s), ΔH°f = -1,670 kJ/mol ...
- chem - for 2Al2O3----> 4Al(s) + 3O2 the question is what is the heat change ...
- chemistry - can you calculate the mass(g) of AL2O3 that is produced when 2.5g of...
- Chemistry - Calculate the amount of heat released in the complete combustion of ...
- Chemistry - How many moles of aluminum oxide can be produced from 12.8 moles of ...
- Chemistry - Can you tell me if these are right please? When 2.50g of copper ...