Posted by Anonymous on Monday, January 3, 2011 at 12:47am.
AP PROBLEM CHILD ON A SWING
AN ADULT EXERTS A HORIZONTAL FORCE ON A SWING THAT IS SUSPENDED BY A ROPE OF LENGTH L, HOLDING IT AN AN ANGLE q WITH THE VERTICAL. THE CHILD IN THE WING HAS WEIGHT W AND DIMENSIONS THAT ARE NEGLIGIBLE COMPARED TO L. THE WEIGHTS OF THE ROPE AND OF THE SEAT ARE NEGLIGIBLE. IN TERMS OF W AND q DETERMINE
A) THE TENSION IN THE ROPE
B) THE HORIZONTAL FORCE EXERTED BY THE ADULT
THE ADULT RELEASE THE SWING FROM REST. IN TERMS OF W AND q, DETERMINE
C) THE TENSION IN THE ROPE JUST AFTER THE RELEASE (THE SWING IS INSTANTANEOUSLY AT REST)
D) THE TENSION IN THE ROPE AS THE SWING PASSES THROUGH IS LOWEST POINT
- ap Physics - drwls, Monday, January 3, 2011 at 12:54am
Is it common in AP classes to use all capital letters? Most teachers find it annoying and rude, like shouting.
- ap Physics - shhhhhh, Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 9:12pm
A) T = W/cos(q) (b/c Tcos(q) = W)
B) F = W*tan(q) (b/c F = Tsin(q)
C) T = W*cos(q) (Find T so that acceleration is tangential to the circle)
D) Not sure but if you want it in terms of W and q I used potential and kinetic energy in terms of L and then plugged it into my equation T = W + (W/10)(v^2/L). The L's cancel and I came up with T = W + 2W*cos(q). (note: i used g = 10 m/s^2)
- ap Physics - Anonymous, Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 9:20pm
- ap Physics - 69, Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 9:22pm
CLICK THIS LINK TO HAVE THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE! FIND SINGLES NEAR YOU! SINGLES THAT ARE READY TO HELP YOU IN PHYSICS and DO THE NAUGHTY AT THE SAME TIME!
- ap Physics - !@#$%^&book, Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 9:24pm
VISIT THIS LINK FOR SEXY, MIDDLE EASTERN WOMEN: bbwpersiansingles
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A 35kg child is swinging on a swing with length 2.8m to the bottom of...
- Physics - A child swings from a rope of length L. If she starts her swing with ...
- Physics - A 50- kg child sits in a swing suspended with 3.8- m-long ropes. The ...
- Physics PLEASE HELP - A 80- kg child sits in a swing suspended with 2.6- m-long ...
- PHYSICS PLEASE HELP - A 80- kg child sits in a swing suspended with 2.6- m-long ...
- Physics - A 40 kg child sits in a swing suspended with 2.5 m long ropes. The ...
- physics - Child weighs 29 kg on a swing supported by two chains. Another child ...
- Last physics help question (my thoughts given) - A 160-N child sits on a light ...
- physics - a parent pushes a kid on a swing, A) If the child on the swing rises ...
- physics - a child's swing is held up by two ropes tied to a tree branch that ...