Posted by Kim on Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 9:10pm.
This is what I have so far dont know where to go from here
4h^2 + 8h - 5
(4h^2-2h) + (10h-5)
2h(h-5) + -5(2h-1)
cant figure out what to do next
- Algebra - Marth, Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 9:52pm
4h^2 + 8h - 5 is a quadratic, so do not factor by grouping. It has only 2 factors.
Try (2h + _)(2h - _). (The other possibility is (4h +/- _)(h +/- _).
(2h + 5)(2h - 1) gives the +8h we need.
- Algebra - Henry, Sunday, January 2, 2011 at 5:40pm
4h^2 + 8h - 5.
Use the AC Method:
A*C = 4*-5 = -20 = -2*10.
4h^2 + (-2h + 10h) - 5,
Group the 4 terms into 2 factorable
(4h^2 - 2h) + (10h - 5),
2h(2h - 1) + 5(2h - 1),
Factor out (2h - 1):
(2h - 1)(2h + 5).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math,help,factoring - i need help i don't know how to do the next step. factor ...
- Algebra - Here is what I have done so far with thes two equation that I need to...
- Algebra - I have a few more questions that I either need help with or just need ...
- algebra 1 - 3) for any factorable trinomial x^2+bx+c, will the absolute value of...
- Math - 1.3x^2+17x+10 2.5y^8-125 3.a^2-2ab-15b^2 *Please help me.You have to ...
- Math - this question does not make sense to me. Add the proper constant to the ...
- 9th grade - I need to factor this trinomial, but I can't figure it out. 2q²-9q-...
- Algebra - How do you factor ax^2+bx+c? I'm so confused. I remember my teacher ...
- 9th grade math - I need to factor this trinomial, but I can't figure it out. 2q...
- Algebra 1 - 6t^2+21t-12 Factor the expression I dont know how to figure it out