Posted by Allison on Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 4:09pm.
Sketch a height versus time graph of the sinusoidal function that models each situation. draw at lease three cycles. assume that the first point plotted on each graph is at the lowest point:
a girl lying on a an air mattress in a wave pool that is 3 m deep, with waves 0.5 m in height that occur at 7 s
i was just wondering if i would start off at -0.5 m, and then at 3.5 s, i would plot at point at 0.5 m, and then at 7 s, i would plot at point at -0.5 again? in that case would 7 be considered the period of the function?
Trigonometry - Damon, Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 4:30pm
They mean 7 s is the period I believe.
Remember the depth of the pool, 3 meters.
I assume by wave height they mean the amplitude and not the height from bottom to peak which would be 1 here
First point is at 3-.5 = 2.5 m
10.5 3.5 etc
Trigonometry - Anonymous, Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 8:54pm
but, i would assume the height of the wave would be -0.5 to 0.5 because wouldn't be calculate it in terms of the water's surface?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH TRIGONOMETRY - refer to the polynomial function f(x)= -x(x-1)(x+2) in ...
- physics graphing help please - (a) Write the equation for a transverse ...
- Physics - A ball is rolled up a ramp from the point B shown below, with an ...
- Alg. 2 - I know how to graph polynomial functions, but i'm having a hard time ...
- Math - A ferris wheel has a diameter of 10 m and takes 24 sec to make one ...
- calculus - i'm not sure how to do this. can someone help, please? thanks! ...
- Math - You are in a car of a ferris wheel. The wheel has a radius of 8m and ...
- Math - Choose the three true statements about the graph of the quadratic ...
- Math - 1) The hour hand on a clock has a length of 12 cm. Let the orgin be at ...
- math - 1) The hour hand on a clock has a length of 12 cm. Let the orgin be at ...