Posted by Franco on Friday, December 31, 2010 at 1:33pm.
Thank you very much for your corrections! Here are the last sentences of this year. By the way, I wish you all the best for the New Year!
1) This evening we are going to celebrate New Year's Eve in a hotel in the mountains. The hotel is jammed with people, especially with young children running up and down the stairs.
2) The children will be looked after by a group of very professional entertainers. They will have dinner at a separate table located (?) in the middle of the dining room.
3) First of all, Wordsworth analyzes the subject matter of poetry, which should (?) deal with (better: is based on) everyday life and situations.
4)Then he talks about the language of poetry, which should be (better: is) as near as possible to the language really spoken ny men.
5)He also deals with the importance of imagination, which (that?) enables the poet to perceive things other men are blind to.
6)Finally, since poetry is considered (defined by Wordsworth) as the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings, memory allows the poet to recollect and reorganize it in tranquillity.
7)Poems should be written (are to be written) as far (??) as possible in a selection of language really used by men.
8) Wordsworth defines imagination as the capacity of coloring.
9) The poet sees all things (correction: everything) through the eyes of memory, which recollect emotions already lost.
English - Writeacher, Friday, December 31, 2010 at 1:39pm
1 - OK
2 - OK
3 - "is based on" - yes
4 - "talks"? Don't you mean "writes"? And yes, "is" is better in the later part of the sentence.
5 - "which"
6 - "since poetry is defined by Wordsworth to be the spontaneous..."
7 - "should be written as much as possible ... "
8 - OK
9 - The poet sees everything through the eyes of memory which remembers emotions...
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- To:EVERYONE AT JISKHA - I JUST WANT TO WISH ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR. A NEW YEAR A ...
- english - Is this text correct? Chinese new year The chinese people celebrate ...
- English - Writeacher, could you please check these sentences I wrote about a ...
- English - Sorry I get confuse, the text is this: Chinese new year Chinese people...
- English - I forgot to include these few more sentences. Thank you. 1) As ...
- Social Studies - Did The CElts celebrate New Year's Eve in autumn?
- English - Can you help me determine if I chose the correct/incorrect sentences ...
- English - Many, many thanks for your invaluable help, writeacher! I'd like to ...
- English - 1. We play yunnori on New Year's Day. 2. We play flower cards on Lunar...
- English/social studies - help me make a poem with this: It is the Chinese New ...