Posted by Chris on Friday, December 31, 2010 at 5:47am.
Revise the mixed sentences so that the beginning of each sentence fits logically with its end. If sentence is correct cirle it.
1. By showing babies plain, black-and-white images will help them learn to recognize shapes and focus their vision.
Showing babies plain, black-and0white images helps them learn to recognize shapes and focus their vision.
2. Babies can see their parentsí faces but will not respond with a smile until they are a few weeks old.
Babies can see their parents' faces but cannot respond until they are a few weeks old.
3. Babies may gaze intently into a small, unbreakable mirror attached to the inside of their cribs.
4. While following an object with her eyes is when eye coordination develops.
Following an object with her eyes is where eye coordination develops.
5. Because of a newbornís limited ability to see color forces him to focus only on bright colors.
Because newborn's limited ability to see color they he only focuses on bright colors.
6. The reasons babies occasionally cross their eyes is because they are perfecting their tracking skills.
7. Whether a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper, a typical baby does not need complete silence in order to rest well.
Light sleeper or heavy sleeper, a typical baby does not need complete silence in order to rest well.
8. The fact that newborns can vary dramatically in their sensitivity to sounds and ability to sleep in noisy environments.
9. The reason that a two-month-old baby turns her head toward her parentsí voice is because she is beginning to recognize familiar sounds.
The reason a two-month-old baby turns her head toward her parents' voice because she begins to recognize their sounds.
10. Through changing his facial expression indicates he may find a particular sound soothing or comforting.
- English 1 - Writeacher, Friday, December 31, 2010 at 7:20am
- English 1 - drwls, Friday, December 31, 2010 at 7:55am
Why did you change the second sentence? It was grammatically correct and you replaced it with something else that has a different meaning. Perhaps you were bothered by the change from present tense to future in two clauses of the same sentence, but that is OK in this case. A response (a smile) happens slightly in the future, relative to the present (seeing a person)
- English 1 - Writeacher, Friday, December 31, 2010 at 9:05am
I agree with DrWLS that #2 was correct in the original.
So are #s 3 and 7.
Your correction for #1 is good.
#s 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
Read my comments in the link I gave you above.
Answer this Question
english - Revise the following sentences to make one of the existing sentences ...
English - The following items are run-on sentences. Revise each item either by ...
English - I still have more sentences to check. I really hope you can revise ...
English - I'll revise the sentences and then I'll post them back to you. Can you...
English - Revise the following sentences to remove all pronoun errors. 41. When ...
Art - I urgently need you to revise these sentences. Thank you. 1) You can cheat...
English - I urgently need you to revise these sentences (instructions), please. ...
English - Writeacher, I urgently need you to check these sentences. 1) I'm ...
English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Could you please check ...
English - Could you please revise the following sentences, please? 1) As a ...