Posted by Sam on Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:44pm.
log [ a^3\/ab / (ab^2) ]
--> in words this is, log(a to the power 3 times by the square root of ab divided by (a times b to the power of two)
please show the full steps
- logarithms - Marth, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 3:26pm
You posted an expression, but no question.
- math - Sam, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 4:13pm
The question is to evaluate the following.
- math - Marth, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 7:17pm
You can simplify log((a^3)sqrt(ab)/(ab^2)) to log((a^2.5)/(b^1.5)).
= 2.5log(a) - 1.5log(b)
But you cannot evaluate this without knowing log(a) and log(b).
- math - Sam, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 9:39pm
how did u get 2.5 and 1.5
- math - Sam, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 9:44pm
Sorry, the question asked was to Simplify the following.
- math - Sam, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 10:01pm
shouldnt the answer be simplified to 1.5loga-1.5logb and not 2.5loga ? could u explain why it is 2.5
- math - drwls, Friday, December 31, 2010 at 8:06am
log [ a^3(ab)^1/2 / (ab^2) ]
= log (a^2.5 * b^-1.5]
= 2.5 log a - 1.5 log b
Sam is correct. Just use the rules for adding and subtracting exponents when multiplying and dividing.
- math - Sam, Friday, December 31, 2010 at 12:31pm
1.5loga-1.5logb so this is correct?
Answer this Question
- Precalculus - PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE QUESTION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! Evaluate...
- Algebra - Simplify: 3 squared divided by the square root of 80. Multiple choices...
- math - write as a single logarithm: -2logbase3(1/x)+(1/3)logbase3(square root of...
- Math - Just need some help... Directions: Multiply or raise to the power as ...
- Math - What is 20 to the 1/2 power? How do you figure it out? That would be the ...
- Algebra - I am a bit confused about conjugates in algebra. I am supposed to ...
- Algebra (urgent!) - I am a bit confused about conjugates in algebra. I am ...
- math - Logarithm!!! Select all of the following that are true statements: (a) ...
- Math Help Please - Which of the following expressions is equal to log (x sqrt-y...
- algerbra - how do i set up and whats the prosedure to solve 10 to the 7th power ...