Posted by Karol on Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 12:56pm.
Young children are more likely to demonstrate early literacy skills when
a. they are read to on a regular basis.
b. they watch tv for over an hour
c. they see their parents reading or watching tv
d. they play video games on computer
i chose "c" they see their parents reading or watching tv as the correct answer. please check it for me. thank you
2. In early education the term "bridging the gap" refers to
a.your goal of gradually transforming non-mainstream children into successful participants in your mostly mainstream program
b. Discontinuity between home & school learning contexts
c. Your efforts to acclimate non-mainstrean students as quickly as possible into your classroom program
d.immersing non-mainstream chilldren into exclusive use of the dominant mainstream language
3. Anwar is a preschooler in a family whose culture does not place much emphasis on early language development & reading. As a teacher you would rightly see this as a threat to
a. His future socialization with mainstream children
b. your ability to conduct age-appropriate learning in language development
c. your efforts to create a multicultural environment in which every child has an equal opportunit to participate
d. Anwar's potential for success in elementary school
I chose "a" as my answer can some one please check it for me. thank you
Diversity - Writeacher, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:06pm
1. What does watching TV have to do with literacy skills?
2. - ??
3. I disagree with "a".
Diversity - Karol, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:20pm
for no. 1 my first choice was "a" I accidently presss c. sorry bout mistake.
2 then my second choice was "c"'
3. my second choice was "c"
Diversity - Writeacher, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:28pm
1 - I agree it's "a".
2 - What was your first choice? That's what my ?? were for.
3 - "c" is probably correct.
Diversity - Karol, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:32pm
for no two question was a and c was my second choice
Diversity - Writeacher, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 1:36pm
2 - "a" and "c" are pretty close, but I think "a" is better because the goal seems to be success rather than speed.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Cultual Diversity - 1.The instructional strategy that works best to give a child...
- Early Child Ed. - Would you please check these questions and my answers? If they...
- Statistic - TABLE 12-11 Parents complain that children read too few storybooks ...
- Language Arts - While television can be entertaining and educational, it also ...
- Children's Reading and Writing Habits - Research findings have shown that: A. ...
- teaching in Early Childhood Programs - What resource do content standards ...
- Language - 1 While television can be entertaining and educational, it also has a...
- L.A. - While television can be entertaining and educational, it also has a dark...
- HEEEELLLPPP!!!!!!!!!!! LA! - 1 While television can be entertaining and ...
- early chidhood - It is likely that a preschooler who learns to read early 1 will...