Posted by saurav kumar on Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 9:44am.
The perimeter of an isosceles triangle is 42 cm . its base is 2/3 times the sum of the equal sides . find the length of each side and the area of the triangle.
- geometry - Reiny, Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 10:05am
let each of the equal sides be x
let the base by y
y = (2/3)(2x) = 4x/3
so x + x + (4/3)x = 42
multipy by 3
3x + 3x + 4x = 126
10x = 126
x = 12.6
so the base = (4/3)(12.6) = 16.8
use Pythagoras to find the height, h
h^2 + 8.4^2 = 12.6^
h^2 = 88.2
Area = (1/2)base x height
= appr. 78.888
- geometry - Anonymous, Sunday, July 1, 2012 at 6:19am
the perimeter of an isosceles triangle is 42cm and its bases is(3/2) times each of the equal sides .find the length of each side of the triangle ;area of the triangle and the height of the triangle.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - The perimeter of right triangle RST is equal to the perimeter of ...
- Math (Geometry) - The perimeter of right triangle ABC is equal to the perimeter ...
- Math--Area - Find the area of each regular polygon to the nearest tenth. Octagon...
- algebra - an isosceles triangle is one in which two sides are the same length. ...
- Geometry - Can anybody help me with this word problem? A homeowner, who loves ...
- alegbra - This isosceles triangle has two sides of equal length, a, that are ...
- geometry - The perimeter of an isosceles triangle is 37 in. The lengths of the ...
- math - The base of an isosceles triangle is four less than the sum of the ...
- calculus - Find the lenght of the sides of an isosceles triangle with a given ...
- Math - Each equal side of an isosceles triangle is 3 1/2 inches longer than the ...