posted by sweria on .
Synex industries are a company based in Sri Lanka which is excels in nuclear waste management. The
company profile is given below.
Total Number of Employees
Nationality of Employees
Russian, Chinese, German and Sri Lankan
Levels of Employment
Director, Scientist, Engineer, Clerk and Drivers
US $10 M (M = million)
Each employee of the company is paid on a daily basis. Daily pay rate of each profession is given in
the table below.
Daily Pay Rate($)
Apart from that the following taxes are levied on the gross pay (value generated by Daily Pay Rate x
Number of Days) of the employee for each month.
Gross Salary = value without taxes (Daily Pay Rate x Number of Days)
Net Salary = value with taxes (Gross Salary – Total Taxes)
The steps below illustrates how salary is calculated
1. Calculate the gross salary
2. Calculate all the taxes (All percentage taxes are levied on the gross pay)
3. Calculate net pay per employee for a given month. (If in any case the net pay becomes a
negative value the costume cost will not be charged from that employee for that month.)
1. You are required to implement the above mentioned scenario using Java. The test data file
(inputfile.txt) with the names of 1027 employees and their work days for 12 months is
provided for you.
2. Your program should calculate the salary for the 12 months when the file is given as a
command line parameter.
3. You are required to implement a simple command line interface to help user interactiveness.
The options required for this interface is given below with the respective definions
(1) Calculate Salary:- Should take the name of the input text file and produce a file named
salary2010.txt which consists of the employee name and the salary for each of the 12
(2) Total Taxes:- Should display the total taxes collected from each employee for each month.
The answer should be displayed in the console window.
(3) Total Profit:- Should display the company profits for each month after paying the net
(4) Total Salary by Profession:- Should display the total salary for given professions once the
user enters the profession via a command line parameter. It should also show what
percentage it holds of the total salary.
(5) Exit:- Closes the program.
THARINDU RUKSHAN BAMUNUARACHCHI,4,30,21,13,17,14,18,21,19,27,12,30,12
THENNEHENE GEDARA THUSITHA ASELA BANDARA,4,8,22,0,17,28,7,28,16,12,31,4,24
BOGODA ARACHCHIGE DON ATHULA SANJEEWA BOGODA,3,30,13,7,1,25,17,13,27,29,16,1,4
DELPA GODAGE CHAMINDA,5,11,23,22,7,22,11,24,4,30,24,7,25
SAMARARATHNA KODIKARA KANKANAMGE LASITH SAMEERA CHANDRASEKARA,5,30,20,30,14,18,2,9,4,27,22,9,4
WANNI ARACHCHIGE NISHANI ERANDIKA CHANDRASIRI,1,0,27,24,19,5,6,20,30,30,22,30,25
UPUL IROSHAN WIJESEKARA ABAYAGUNAWARDHANA,5,15,0,26,6,12,27,14,18,14,15,27,26
ABEYSINGHE MOHOTTALALAGE NUWAN ABEYSINGHE,4,21,4,29,15,27,14,12,21,15,31,12,19
NUWAN SANJEEWA ABEYSIRIWARDANA,2,15,25,5,2,30,12,18,18,22,4,23,29
This is a java implementation where you could:
1. implement an "Employee" class that contains all the information required.
2. implement methods to read in data and do the required calculations.
3. In the "main" method, you will have a simple for-loop that will create a new instance for each employee, do the calculations, and output the results (using the methods) until data is exhausted.
Feel free to implement the above (or according to your own schemes) and post what you have for comments or assistance.
hi, I am lasith chandrasekara and this wen page contains infrmation bout our batch mate with full names (my full name is also there). From where did you get this infomation. Please remove them and use dummy names.