Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 9:53pm.
1. Which of the following best describes catheterization?
A. Burning away of cancerous tissue
B. Visualization of the large intestine
C. Implantation of an intrauterine birth control device
D. Placement of a drainage tube into the bladder
2. Which is a condition of the male sex gland surrounding the
urethra just under the urinary bladder?
C. Benign prostatic hyperplasia
D. Bulbourethritis3. Spermatozoa are manufactured in the
A. stroma. C. vas deferens.
B. seminiferous tubules. D. prostate.
4. Urine is formed by the
A. nephrons. C. ureters.
B. renal pelvis. D. bladder.
5. The Papanicolaou test is used to detect
A. conization in situ. C. minimal cervical dysplasia.
B. protein in the urine. D. colonic polyposis.
6. The function of the antidiuretic hormone is to
A. retain water for the body’s use.
B. begin digestion of carbohydrates during chewing.
C. stimulate the maturation of red blood cells in bone marrow.
D. spur the onset of puberty.
7. A staghorn calculus is a
A. type of kidney stone. C. gallstone.
B. part of the uterus. D. hardening of dental plaque.
8. What is cystitis?
A. A congenital condition of the kidneys
B. Inflammation of cysts in any organ
C. A type of urinary tract infection
D. Irritation of the urethra and/or meatus
9. Uremia is the result of
A. electrolye imbalance in the intracellular body fluids.
B. a high concentration of nitrogenous wastes in the bloodstream.
C. reduced delivery of oxygen to tissues.
D. toxic buildup of ketone bodies in the blood and urine.
10. What does dysuria mean?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - 2. A man is shot in the head, and the bullet stops just outside the ...
- health - 1. Which of the following best describes catheterization? A. Burning ...
- Biology - I'm stuck on these--- 9. Most of the end products of digestion are ...
- Science - 1) Which of the following describes the correct sequence of the ...
- health - what best describes catheterization?
- H.E.L.P - 1. Which of the following describes the correct sequence of the ...
- Science - 1. Which of the following describes the correct sequence of the ...
- physology - Match the following organs with one of its functions. 1. Oral cavity...
- Health/Specialty Exams and Advance Techniques - please check my answer thanks ...
- science - 1. Which combining form means “ear”? A. ONC/O C. OT/O B. OPT/O D. ORTH...