Posted by mahwish on Monday, December 20, 2010 at 12:33pm.
question: what are your thoughts onthe idea that television has turned out to isolate people instead of bringing them together.
my essay; please evaluate!
to say that television has turned out to isolate people instead of bringing them together holds true in my opinion.
television is a very popular source of entertainment in every household. it has become a way to relax as portrayed by the television itself in the example of a tired man coming home after a long day at the office, loosening his tie, flopping down on the couch and switching on the television. this in turn widens the gap in the relationship between ones family from whom we are away from, the whole day and still dont give enough time to even when we do have time in our hand.
television takes away so much of our priceless time in just a go and dont even realize it. a standard show is on an average an hour long, and movie, two hours long! our free time is wasted on television cutting back the time we should spend with our families or taking care of our health by exercising. a study conducted recently blamed television as one of the leadin g causes of obesity in children and adults alike!
children no longer wish to spend time outdoors. they'd much rather stay home and watch cartoons. due to which, they lack the ability to interact with people in the society, they don't have confidence and become shy and laconic!
because of the countless hours spent in front of the television a persons rate of human contact in a day decreases greatly, some may even go to the extremes of being lonely and reserved, keeping everything to themselves leading in turn to psychological problems such as depression, one of the leading causes of suicide!
thus in conclusion i would like to say, that the painter andy warhol is not the only one who'd say they stopped caring about having close relationships after getting his first television. many will agree that while television is a great source of entertainment, it is nothing short of any addictive drug, doing more harm than good!
- SAT essay! - Writeacher, Monday, December 20, 2010 at 1:16pm
After you go through and put capitals, punctuation, etc., in the correct places and develop the paragraphs properly, please repost.
Currently, I'd give it a 1.
- sat essay! - bobpursley, Monday, December 20, 2010 at 1:27pm
I agree 1.
You have to base your argument so evidence.
- SAT essay! - Writeacher, Monday, December 20, 2010 at 1:36pm
If you are unclear on things, use the following websites for instruction and examples:
Grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc.
And if that doesn't make sense to you, use this model:
- sat essay! - mahwish, Tuesday, December 21, 2010 at 1:12am
Thank you so much! this really was an eyeopener! i'll go through the websites and try to improve my writing! i'll post another essay hopefully later today.
- sat essay! - FUYEPaPIcSRXXoSqhCt, Monday, January 16, 2012 at 1:57am
Knowledge wants to be free, just like these artciles!
Answer this Question
- english - write ur views on television has turned out to isolate people instead ...
- writing - Can someone grade my essay? The topic is: What are your thoughts on ...
- English - Thank you very much for encouraging me to go on with my work! Here are...
- English - Can anyone give me details or tell me what else should I talk/ more ...
- English - Could you please check these sentences, especially the word-choice and...
- Literature Essay (Ms. Sue and/or Writeacher) - How should I begin this assigned ...
- Natural Science - Discuss :The impact of technology in terms of cultural ...
- English - Can you check the meaning of these few phrasal verbs, please? Thank ...
- Writing - Help with grammar and etc. Is this a good introduction in a essay for ...
- Language Arts 8 - This is a Language Arts 8 A. I haven't ever done this but this...