Posted by Amy on Sunday, December 19, 2010 at 5:04pm.
Please check my answers!
1. A central premise of james madison in Nos. 47, 48, and 51 of the federalist is that:
a. weak government is the best government
b. the combination of legislative, executive, and judicial power is the very definition of tranny
c. men are not angles and therefore those who exercise political power must be limited
d. b and c
2. According to madison, the branch of government most to be feared because of its inherent power is:
a. the executive
b. the judiciary
c. the legislature
d. the bureaucracy
3.Madison argues that the separation of powers can only be maintained if:
a. each branch of gov't is kept entirely separate from coordiante branches
b. the powers of the three branches of the government overlap
c. a strong presidency
d. an alert citizenry checks the government.
4. From the creation, the constitution was perceived as the document that sought to:
a. reserve extensive powers to the states
b. strike a delicate balance between gov't power and individual liberty
c. make the president dominate over congress
d. all of the above
5.Which of the following statements is incorrect:
a. there is genuine controversy over how the constitution should be read
b. the framers intent is clear with regard tom most constitutional provisions
c. the constitution has been interpreted in various ways over the years
d. the constitution is a framework,not a blue print
6. the text of the constitution:
a. leaves much room for the imagination
b. clearly reflects the framers intentions
c. has been consistently interpreted by the supreme court over the years
d. viewed in the same way by liberals and conservatives
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Governemnt - 1. A central premise of james madison in Nos. 47, 48, and 51 of ...
- Civics - A text box reads, If men were angels, no government would be necessary...
- social studies - can you recommend some websites that would be good to find out ...
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - the argument has beenmade that the federal government ...
- political science - Do you buy James Madison's argument in Federalist 10 and ...
- Government - Confederation: 1.)A government in which all power stems from a ...
- Please do Civics Essay thanks so much - Please Help with essay question. thanks...
- US history- forming governments - How did the factions that James Madison refer ...
- POL201 - A federal system differs from a unitary system in that: A) power is ...
- government - the lawmaking function of congress is central to democracy because ...