Posted by MattsRiceBowl on Saturday, December 18, 2010 at 6:45am.
Before posting, please understand a few things.
1) If we see other tutors replied to your message, we might skip it to go to others at first. This may be a problem, which I will discuss in a minute. If you do not ask a question, you will not get an answer.
2) You type your message--not us.
3) You are taking a class in your school. That class has a name. Trust me.
I say there has been a problem recently of people saying things on the board that are not questions. Let me give you an example of a question and something that is not a question.
Good question: Was pizza really invented in Italy?
Not a question: Pizza and Italy.
Suddenly, you get a reply from someone asking you to explain your question. Another tutor, who could answer your question, passed up the discussion because they were busy answering questions that had NO responses. So lesson 1: ask questions properly.
Secondly, remember you typed these questions. If you say, "Their is a problem" in your essay rather than, "There is a problem," don't be surprised if we ask where?
If you say, "Your happy," do not be surprised when we tell you to correct it to, "Your happiness" rather than, "you're happy."
Finally, don't be surprised if we have NO idea what your message means because you cannot spell or know the basic differences between the words you should know. I had a friend recently type of facebook, "I past my classes." She was confused when I asked how she thought she did. She meant, "passed," not "past." Her fault...not mine. (And, to be honest, scary that she passed!)
Finally, your class has a subject name. You didn't sign up for Mr. Smith's class in High School studies or Dr. Earl's "College Class.". Is it Science? Math? English? More specifically, Grammar or Physics? I can answer Grammar questions, but not English Literature.
Finally (I lied on the last finally), do not just post your assignments for us to do. We help with what you are struggling with. (I know. I teach grammar and ended a sentence with a preposition. Sue me). Asking us to write a 5,000,000 page paper on Jews in Germany during WWII will not be productive. Saying you have to write this paper and cannot find out how Anne Frank's book got published will help you.
So there you go. Hope this helps.
PLEASE READ before you ask a question - Humberg, Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 3:01am
Is there a way to directly contact the people that answer questions? Cause I was looking over some questions and I really want to know how the people solved it and it would be pointless just retyping the question that is already posted, just to have the same question answered again. I want the person who answered a specific question to explain how they answered it if you understand what I mean.
Spelling - Ashle', Monday, January 3, 2011 at 6:48pm
What does schwa sound means?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- To joejoe ... - ... or brxce or christian or whoever, We have temporarily ...
- about this site please read - im trying to post something but it says I cant ...
- algebra1 - What steps do I take in solving this problem? It is about graphing ...
- To all students posting math questions - Please know that at least 3 of our ...
- soil! - In what ways is soil pH and light the two critical factors for plant ...
- Phyics - I have a few questions that I need help with please. Show by algebraic ...
- Physics PLEASE PLEASE HELP! CONFUSED - I am so lost and confused right now with ...
- English/Poetry - I read the stories about her I discover her dark past Some ...
- For Lily - Please do not append a new question at the end of somebody else ...
- homework help - I noticed that the people who asked for questions that need help...