Posted by Lisa on Friday, December 17, 2010 at 8:58pm.
A 44.0kg seal at an amusement park slides from rest down a ramp into the pool below. The top of the ramp is 1.75m higher than the surface of the water and the ramp is inclined at an angle of 35.0 degrees above the horizontal.
What is the coefficient of kinetic friction between the seal and the ramp?
Phsyics - bobpursley, Friday, December 17, 2010 at 9:39pm
This cannot be determined, without knowing more...such as the end velocity.
Phsyics - Lisa, Friday, December 17, 2010 at 11:38pm
the end velocity is 4m/s
Phsyics - Henry, Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 2:30pm
Ws = M*g = 44 * 9.8 = 431.2 N.
Fn = 431.2*Cos35 = 353.2 N. = Normal force
Mg*h-FE = 0.5M*V^2.
44*9.8*1.75-FE = 05*44*4^2 = 352.
-FE = 352 - 754.6 = -402.6.
FE = 402.6 J.
L = 1.75/sin35 = 3.05 m.
Fk*L = 402.6.
Fk = 402.6/L = 402.6/3.05 = 132 N.
u = Fk/Fn = 132/353.2 = 0.374.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A 44.0 kgseal at an amusement park slides from rest down a ramp into ...
- Physics - Starting from rest, a 10.0 Kg suitcase slides down a 3.00m long ramp ...
- physics - Starting from rest, a 10kg suitcase slides down a 3.00m long ramp ...
- physics 1401 - a 15kg crate initially at rest slides down a ramp 2m long and ...
- physics - A box of mass 5.0 kg starting from rest slides down a 1.8 m long ramp ...
- physics - A 5.30 kg package slides 1.57 m down a long ramp that is inclined at ...
- physics - A block slides down a frictionless ramp. If the ramp angle is 22 ...
- Physics - Box, mass m 1 , at rest against a compressed spring, spring constant k...
- Science Psysics - A 6 kg black is placed at the very top of a ramp that is ...
- Physics - In a water park, people walk a distance of 20 meters up an inclined ...