Posted by lisa on Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 3:09pm.
rudy went to the mall to spend some of his money he earned. he spent 1/3 of his money o n a new shirt. He then went to to the music store and bought a cd with 1/3 he had left. At dvds to go he bought a dvd with 1/3 of the money he had left. He stopped once more and bought a book with 1/3 of his remaining. Rudy came home with just $16.00left. how much did he start with?
math - bobpursley, Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 3:19pm
Let M be the money he earned.
2/3 M is what he has left after new shirt.
2/3*2/3 M is what he has left after cd.
2/3*2/3*2/3M is what he has left after dvd.
math - lisa, Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 3:23pm
how do you get back from 81/1 to 16/1
math - bobpursley, Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 3:47pm
16*81/16... the 16/16 divides to 1, leaving 81
math - nick, Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 9:00pm
what's the final answer??
math - De"Andra, Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 4:34pm
well youleft out the one third of the money from the book store
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Rudy worked hard all summer. Before school started he decided to go ...
- Algebra POW #10 - Amanda worked hard all summer. Before school started,she ...
- math - Samantha smith went into a store and spent half her money and then spent...
- math - Jill went inside a store and spent half of her money and 20.00 she then ...
- math - Roma spent 30% of the money she bought to the mall..If she spent 450.00 ...
- Math - Chin went to a store where he spent one half of his money and$14 more.He ...
- math - You earned $12 on Monday and $24 on Tuesday. After spending some of your ...
- math - mark went to the department store to buy gifts for his friends. he spent ...
- math - gabriel went shopping at mall and spent 16.50 on socks 45.23 on shoes 45....
- Math - ann went shopping and spent half her money on a dress a third on a t ...