Posted by Lori on Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 12:14am.
the pKb for methylamine is 3.36, what is the Kb for methylamine?
Kb= 10^-pKb = 4.4x10^-4 is the answer
but HOW?? what is punched into the calculator to get 4.4 x 10^-4??
- Chemistry Kb question need to clarify something - DrBob222, Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 12:36am
pKb = 3.36
pKb = -log Kb
3.36 = -logKb
-3.36 = log Kb
Punch in 3.36 and hit the change sign button OR punch in -3.36 directly, then hit the 10^x key. That will return 4.36515E-4 which rounds to 4.36E-4.
- Chemistry Kb question need to clarify something - Lori, Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 1:24am
-3.36(log button or 10^x button)= syntax error ??
- Chemistry Kb question need to clarify something - Dr Russ, Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 6:58am
the key sequence will depend on the type of calculator that you have. If it is a VPAM or similar (like a Casio FX-83) then the sequence is something like
and the display will show
(depending on how the display is set up).
The exact key sequence will depend on the model of calculator you have.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A) Determine the pH of a 0.98 x 10^-2 mol L solution of hydrocyanic ...
- Science - Determine the pkb of methylamine if the kb is 4.4*10^-4.
- Chemistry - How many moles of HCl must be added to 100mL of a 0.100 M solution ...
- chemistry - use resonance theory to account for the fact that aniline(pKb 9.37) ...
- Chemistry - Find the pH of a buffer that consists of 0.82 M methylamin (CH3NH2) ...
- Chemistry - i. Which of the following solutions has the lowest pH (more acidic...
- biochemistry - A weak base has pKb = 9.25.. A. Calculate the % ionization at pH...
- Chemistry - a. what is the pKb of NO2- b. what is the pKa of the hydrazinium ion...
- chemistry - The basicity constant of pyridine can be expressed as pKb = 8.75 ...
- Chemistry - Determine the pH (to two decimal places) of a solution prepared by ...