Posted by lexi on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 at 3:57pm.
how do you put 7/16, 5/8, and 3/4 in order from greatest to least
math fractions - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 15, 2010 at 4:09pm
Convert the second two fractions so they have the same common denominator.
math fractions - Erin, Wednesday, December 15, 2010 at 4:33pm
turn them into decimals
math fractions - Henry, Friday, December 17, 2010 at 2:10pm
Sometimes it is easier to use a common denominator. In some cases, it is easier to cnvert all fractions to decimals. It depends on the compexity
of the fractions and the background of the student nvolved. In this case it is easy to convert to a common denominator:
5/8 = 10/16
3/4 - 12/16
Now we know the fraction with the largest numerator is greatest.
ORDER: 12/16, 10/16, 7/16.
math fractions - Anonymous, Monday, January 30, 2012 at 4:36pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Rudulpho bought a set of wrenches to work on his car. He bought the ...
- Math - How do you order these fractions least to the greatest, 4/7, 1/2, 3/5, 2/...
- math - put these fractions in order least to greatest 3/4,4/5,7/8,and 3/10
- math - how do you put these fractions in order 1/4, 6/7, 3/5 from least to ...
- math comparing fractions - Can u put 4/8 and 2/3 and 1/6 in order from least to ...
- Math - I would like to put these fractions in order from least to greatest: 3/8...
- math - Can you please explain how to put the following fractions in order from ...
- math - put fractions in order from least to greatest, explain how you got the ...
- math 4th grade - how do i put the following fractions in order from least to ...
- Math - Ted put several different integers in order from least to greatest. He ...