Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 10:51am.
Given a cube of density 8900kg/m3 and length side 10cm
A-what is the nature of his cube?
B-find the mass of the above cube?
C-find the relative density of the cube?
D-using gravity 10N/kg find its weight?
physical science - drwls, Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 11:29am
A- What do you mean by the "nature" of a cube?
B- Density x Volume
C- Relative to what?
D- If they are trying to teach you the relationship between mass and weight, they should teach you the correct value of g. On earth, it is 9.81 m/s^2 , not 10. It varies with location, planet and altitude.
Anyway, multiply mass (kg) by the N/kg number.
7th grade - Dr Russ, Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 11:42am
Nature often means solid,
liquid or gas. Typical solids have high densities and this figure would make it a solid. It is the same density as copper.
Relative density is relative to water, unless the material is otherwise specified.
As no temperature is given then use 1000 kg m^-3 for water, so the relative density is 8.9 (no units).
7th grade - bo, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 6:37pm
10 cm long,10 cm wide,and 10 cm high
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - X needs to find the density of a cube. Each side of the cube measures ...
- PHYSICS HELP - a cube of wood with a density of 0.78g/cm^3 is 10cm on a side. ...
- 6 grade math - Each side of the cube measures 2 cm,and the mass of the cube is ...
- algebra - the cube root of the volume of a cube gives the length of one side of ...
- physics - A wooden cube with a specific gravity of 0.90 and side length 0.120 m ...
- Algebra 1 - The cube root of the volume of a cube gives the length of one side ...
- science - one side of a cube of an unknown metal measures 0.53cm. If the mass of...
- Math - damn i cant post a drawing..there r 2 cubes, cube x and cube y and the ...
- Calculus - An ice cube is melting such that the side of the cube is decreasing ...
- Physics - Fluids - A cube of side length 11.0 cm and made of unknown material ...