Posted by STACY on Monday, December 13, 2010 at 7:56pm.
Consider an aqueous solution prepared from 250.0 mL of water and 1.27 g of potassium bromide. Express the amount of potassium bromide in this solution in terms of
(a) mass percent
(b) mole fraction
assume the density of the solution is equal to that of water, 1.00 g mL-1.........help!
CHEMISTRY - DrBob222, Monday, December 13, 2010 at 8:54pm
Surely you don't want me to work all three. Surely you know SOMETHING about SOME of them. Just remember the definitions:
1. mass percent. grams solute/100 g solution.
2. mole fraction. moles solute/total mules.
3. molarity = moles/L of solution.
Apply those three definitions and you will have your answer(s).
Post your work if you get stuck.
CHEMISTRY - STACY, Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 4:40pm
I surely do, and don't call me Shirley! LOL yessss i'm sorry I don't know much about chemistry that's why i'm here!!
1. Mass percent= grams solute/100solution 1.27g/250.0mL = 5.08x10^-03 is my answer but the correct one is 0.505%
2. Mole fraction= moles solute/total moles ?/119.002
3. Molarity 1.27g/119.002= 0.0107moles
than 0.0107/0.25L = 0.048 that's my answer but the correct one is 4.25x10^-2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemisty - Posted by STACY on Monday, December 13, 2010 at 7:56pm. Consider an ...
- chem - The mole fraction of an aqueous solution of potassium perchlorate is 0....
- chemistry - Determine the number of bromide ions in solution when 4.23 g of ...
- Chemistry - Suppose 26.0g of sodium bromide is dissolved in 150mL of a 0.60M ...
- Chemistry2 - 12.) Chlorine reacts with potassium bromide to produce potassium ...
- chemistry - When aqueous solutions of chromium(III) bromide and potassium ...
- Chemistry(Please Check) - You dissolve 6.55 g of potassium nitrate in enough ...
- Chemistry - Need Help On This Question.! Potassium chloride reacts with bromine ...
- chemistry needs another look plz - Posted by Lori on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 ...
- chemistry - If 50.0 mL of 0.150 M magnesium bromide is combined with 200 mL of 0...