Posted by jack on Monday, December 13, 2010 at 6:10pm.
Chapter 1 & 2 Review Questions
1. Compare and Contrast the two main branches of physical science.
2. Distinguish between scientific laws and scientific theories.
3. Describe the steps of the scientific method.
4. Explain the objective of a consistent system of units, and identify the SI units for length, mass, and time.
5. Express each of the following quantities using an appropriate SI prefix before the proper units.
a. 0.004 g
b. 75,000 m
6. Write the following measurements in scientific notation:
a. 0.005 km
b. 65,900,000 m
7. Do the following calculations, and write your answers in scientific notation:
a. 37,000,000 A x 7,100,000 s
b. 0.000312 m3 ÷ 486 s
8. Round the following measurements to the number of significant figures shown in parentheses:
a. 7.376 m (2)
b. 48,794 km (3)
9. Explain why mass and weight are not the same. How would the units in which they are measured differ?
- science - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 13, 2010 at 6:13pm
If we do your review for you (which we won't), then we'd be depriving you of the skills you need for passing this test.
- science - SraJMcGin, Monday, December 13, 2010 at 6:13pm
Just what have you done on this? This is a HELP site after you DO what you can do.
You might profit from Writeacher's lesson on "How to Search on the Internet:"
For Internet searching:
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.
My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase").
Learning to use Google or other search engines can save you time and help you learn to find information efficiently. Here are some websites that can teach you how:
... and one to help you judge whether a particular website's information is worth your time:
- science - Cheyenne, Friday, September 25, 2015 at 3:52am
Compare and contrast the two main branches of physical science
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics and chemistry - Chapter 1 & 2 Review Questions 1. Compare and Contrast ...
- Pyhsical Science - Which of the following statements is true about scientific ...
- Biology - Describe two scientific theory (atomic,kinetic,cell theory) and non ...
- Earth/Space Science - Explain why scientific ideas that have been subject to ...
- Physical Science in Action - I need help with the scientific method for physical...
- science - What important characteristics do scientific theories and laws have? a...
- biology - ok so i was learning about cell theory and i am really stuck on this ...
- Physics - The scientific method - Is the scientific method a clearly-defined set...
- science-Help! - What does it mean in the scientific method that the second step ...
- Science - Which statement about scientific question is true? a. Scientific ...