Posted by mido on Monday, December 13, 2010 at 5:39pm.
Chapter 1 & 2 Review Questions
1. Compare and Contrast the two main branches of physical science.
2. Distinguish between scientific laws and scientific theories.
3. Describe the steps of the scientific method.
4. Explain the objective of a consistent system of units, and identify the SI units for length, mass, and time.
5. Express each of the following quantities using an appropriate SI prefix before the proper units.
a. 0.004 g
b. 75,000 m
6. Write the following measurements in scientific notation:
a. 0.005 km
b. 65,900,000 m
7. Do the following calculations, and write your answers in scientific notation:
a. 37,000,000 A x 7,100,000 s
b. 0.000312 m3 ÷ 486 s
8. Round the following measurements to the number of significant figures shown in parentheses:
a. 7.376 m (2)
b. 48,794 km (3)
9. Explain why mass and weight are not the same. How would the units in which they are measured differ?
Ch. 2 Review Questions
1. Explain the relationship between matter, atoms, and elements.
2. Distinguish between elements and compounds.
3. Describe molecules, and explain how they are formed.
4. Explain the difference between pure substances and mixtures, and give examples of each.
5. Distinguish between the physical and chemical properties of matter, and give examples of each.
6. Perform calculations involving density.
a. A piece of titanium metal has a mass of 67.5 g and a volume of 15 cm3. What is the density of titanium?
b. The density of a piece of brass is 8.4 g/cm3. If the mass of the brass is 510 g, find the volume of the brass.
c. What mass (grams) of water will fill a tank that is 100.0 cm long, 50.0 cm wide, and 30.0 cm high?
7. Explain physical change, and give examples of physical changes.
8. Explain chemical change, and give examples of chemical changes.
9. Describe how to detect whether a chemical changes has occurred.
10. Lead has a density of 11.3 g/cm3 and a mass of 82.5 g. What is its volume?
11. How many total atoms are in one molecule of table sugar (C12H22O11)?
12. A substance has a mass of 400 g and a volume of 11.2 cm3. What is its density?
13. What is the smallest unit of an element that has the properties of the element?
Answer this Question
english-siddhartha - i have answered the other questions that i was requested to...
ENGLISH, HELP? - In the following sentence, which words should be in quotation ...
chapter review - I need to do a chapter review about the book of Professor Guy ...
physics - Your friend is confused about ideas discussed in chapter 4 that seem ...
AP Physics - Using what's only in chapter one The Nature of Science Models, ...
english - has anyone read the women in black???? chapter two-a london particular...
AP World History - What's the best way to read the chapter? For my class. We ...
Literature - I am desperate for help with this assignment...a short chapter by ...
Reading - I am currently reading Chapter 7 of "Lord of the Flies", and one of my...
APA writing - I a working on a APA document that has to be correctly formated. ...