Posted by Alyssa on Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 2:39pm.
Mr.shafier has been teaching school for 10 years.For 6 of those years he taught 8th grade.what fraction represents the time Mr.shafier has not been teaching 8th grade?I knoe the answere is 2 5ths. but how do i show work?HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fractions - saphira, Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 2:44pm
he taught for 6/10 years. 10/10 -6/10 equals 4/10. four out of 10 simplified is 2/5.
fractions - Robert, Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 2:46pm
6/10 is how long he taught 8th grade
so 10 - 6 = 4 is how long he taught something else. The new fraction would be 4/10 but if you simplify it, 2 being the common factor in both you would get 2/5
4 = 2 * 2
10 = 2 * 5
fractions - gab, Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 3:59am
fractions - Kyndrianthompson, Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 9:38pm
well u have 4/10 ok you need to find a number that will go into both 4 and 10. that number will be 2. 2 will go into 4, 2 times and that is your numerator. the next step will be getting the denominator. you will divide
10 by 2 and that will give 5 that is your denominator.
fractions - donavon, Sunday, November 16, 2014 at 8:56am
what percent is 17 to 80%
fractions - petulla mishra, Friday, November 21, 2014 at 10:07am
fractions - sujaya, Friday, August 12, 2016 at 6:51am
. Simplify: (2/3 × -5/4)+(-10/3 × 5/2) using suitable property.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Theo made the table below to show the number of middle school students ...
- 8th Grade - Me and my friend are making our own 8th grade binder, you know like ...
- ms. sue, english please! - What if assistant teaching is being used as a verb? ...
- what can i compare middle school to? - what can i compare middle school to? (use...
- 8th grade - im in advanced math so i do 8th grade math and i don't understand ...
- Vocabulary question - I have been out of HS for more than 30 years and I was ...
- English - Could you please check this letter I have to write to the principal of...
- 8th grade math - I need to know what two fractions when subtracted equal: 3/5, 1...
- Math - Nicole drew a circle on the chalkboard that had a radius of 15 cm. Which ...
- wRITINg - This experience has been more than fulfilling; it has shown me the ...