Posted by tiffany on Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 12:06pm.
1) A strategy for health promotion among infants toddlers and young children focuses on educational programs physical fitness activities and
a. family planning
b.tobacco,alcohol, and drug use.
d.mental health & menta disorders.
2)The main goal of effective health education programs for young children is to
a.provide children with the knowledge necessary to eat 7 excercise properly.
b.promote critical-thinking skills,behaviors, and attitudes.
c.teach children that authority figures are their best guides to a healthy lifestyle.
d.provide children with good environmental models of healthy lifestyles.
3)one reason early childhood education centers have become increqsingly important providers of health education is that
a.schools are more sanitary than 70 percent of home environments.
b.younger, healthier teachers & classrooms aides have emerged.
c. physical education programs in nationwide elementary,middle, and high schools have declined.
d.working parents are spending less time at home with their children.
4)Growth,maturation,and learning are used interchangeably with the term
5)the interaction between a child's biological makeup and the environmental influences that affect his or her development and behavior is called the
a.balanced systems approach
b.ecological systems theory
c.body in the classroom analysis
6) alcohol,drugs,radiation,and pollutants that affect a child development are called
7) A main source of fat & saturated fatty acids in childre's diet is
8)------- have more than twice many calories as do proteins or carbohydrates.
9)when a child not only throws a ball farther than she had previously, but also changes the way the throws the ball, the change is called
10) monstrates an inability to leap over a barrier, his teacher checks to see if he has masterd the skills of jumping down from a height and jumping for distance. In doing this, the teacher is
a. applying a development perspective.
b. measuring the child's confidence level.
c.having a negative effect on the child's self-esteem
d. sequencing motor change.
11)Neuron development and elaboration, which oocurs between birth and age 10, is prmpted by
a. aural prompts from family,school,and environment.
b. physical movement on the part of the child.
c. intake of foods rich in vitamins and minerals.
d.exposures to different temperatures, surfaces, and substances.
12) what are the 3 main factors in a readiness model?
a.maturation, learning, and motivation
b.height, weight, and age
c. psychological, social and physical.
d. age, intelligence, and agility
13) which of the following are the 3 major types of knowledge identified by piaget?
a.subjective, objective, and hyperconscious
b.micro,meso and exo
c.physical,logical-mathematical, and social.
d.linguistic, physiological, and arithmetical
14) A child practices tossing a ball into a hoop from the same distance each day what type of knowledge is he using?
15) children should be physically active-------adults.
c.twice as much as
d.the same amount as
16) at the sensorimotor level of cognitive dev elopment, a child
a.can move her arms,legs,and headd, but cant move her body over distance.
b.can achieve short bursts of speed and strength but cant sustain them.
c.depends mostly on visual cues from adults for information about the environment.
d.learns through movement by interacting with the environment.
17) Encouraging children to eat certain foods their families enjoy around holidays is an example of
a.promoting unscientific,potentially nonnutritious eating habits.
b.showing respect for ethic and cultural differences.
c.creating barriers between children of different ethnic and religious backgrounds.
d.fostering dependence on highly processed foodstuffs.
18)children's genetically prescribed tastes in foods are affected by the
a.foods they're exposed to by their culture.
b.amounts of caloric energy they expend in between meals and snacks.
c.quality of the air they breathe and water they drink.
d.freshness index of the food provided to them.
19) complete proteins can be found in
a.beans,rice, and nuts
c.citrus fruits, and highly acidic vegetables
d. meat,fish,poultry,and dairy.
20) fats should not account for more than ___ percent of total daily calories.
here are my answers
please can you check them? rhanks :O)
- can you please check my answers - Ms. Sue, Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 12:50pm
I don't know the answers to: 6, 10, 12, 16, and 20.
These are incorrect: 5, 11, 13.
The rest are correct.
- can you please check my answers - Sara, Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 11:03pm
I'm working on this for my current studies and found these answers from the first 2 chapters and some research online.
The reason I say D for 3 is because it says right in my text that the parents spent less time at home because they are working with two parents instead of just one.
- correct answers to this test are - Kat, Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 12:09pm
Answer this Question
Algebra-Please check - Please check- sqrt of 2x + 15 = x Answers: -5.3 -3.5 -3 5...
Asap can someone pplz check these answers - Please check my answers I have 2 do ...
Math HELP - I have my answers at the bottom but please do these questions so I ...
English - Now, let's check how well you can use the expressions you've learned. ...
math(check answers please) - PLEASE CHECK THESE ANSWERS compare the pair of ...
English - You are going to take a quiz. I'll distribute exam papers. You should...
Math check my answers - Please check my answers on the following questions ...
Algebra - Would someone please check these answers? Simplify. 3/x-5+1/1-4/x-5 ...
To Sam: Penn Foster answers - Please do not post any more answers. Jiskha is not...
English - procedure: Formative Test Now. let's check how well you can use the ...