Posted by Allen on Friday, December 10, 2010 at 4:24pm.
two sides of a triangle are equal. The third side is 3 less than the sum of the two equal sides. The perimeter is 31 inches. Find the length of each side
Math - Sarah, Friday, December 10, 2010 at 4:57pm
one side= 8.5
one side= 8.5
one side = 14
Math - Sarah, Friday, December 10, 2010 at 4:58pm
The two sides equal 8.5 inches. The third side equals 14 inches.
Algebra Process - PsyDAG, Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 10:00am
Let x = length of each of the two sides. Then third side = 2x-3
2x + 2x -3 = 31
4x - 3 = 31
4x = 34
x = 8.5
2x - 3 = 17 -3 = 14
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra II - Two sides of a triangle are equal in length. The length of the ...
- geometry - Two sides of a triangle are equal. The third side is 5 inches longer ...
- geometry - The perimeter of a triangle is equal to 12 inches. The length of the ...
- algebra - As isosceles triangle has two sides of equal length. If the third side...
- Alegaba 2 - Two sides of a triangles are equal in length. the length of the ...
- math - A triangle has a perimeter of 39 inches. If two sides are of equal length...
- algebra - Two sides of a triangle have equal length. The third side is seven ...
- Math - Length of equal sides of an isosceles triangle is 4cm less than twice the...
- Algebra - the perimeter of a triangle is 56 inches. the longest side measures 4 ...
- Algebra 2 - the perimeter of a triangle is 19 cm. if the length of the longest ...