Posted by Jessica Fuentes on Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 9:01pm.
Does this look right?
Mike runs twice as far as Jim, but Phillip runs three times as far as Jim. If the three of them run a total of 24 miles, how far does each man run?
2m + j = 24
3p + j = 24
I am so wrong aren't I? Can someone help me, please??
- algebra - bobpursley, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 9:04pm
You are so wrong.
- algebra - Jessica Fuentes, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 9:05pm
lol, I figured. i am so confused I hate word problems, ok can i post another one and see if I can get it??
- algebra - Jessica Fuentes, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 9:17pm
TastyBake bakery sells three times as many chocolate donuts as plain glazed donuts, but only half as many as jelly-filled donuts. If they sold 40 dozen donuts, how many of each type did they sell?
x = chocolate
y = plain
z = jelly
y = 3x
z = 1/2x
x + y + z = 40
How was that???
- algebra - bobpursley, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 9:26pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Tina and Jim live 5 miles apart from each other. Tina ran from her house ...
- Math - Gabriel can ride his bike three times faster than he can run. He runs 9 ...
- math - A student athlete runs 3 1_ 3 miles in 30 minutes. A professional runner ...
- Math - Jim and joe are training for a big race by running a total of 60 laps ...
- math - Ali scored 16 runs in a second cricket match and twice as many in the ...
- algebra - Mike said, last week I ran 15 miles farther than Bill. Pete said Last ...
- math - If a person runs 5 miles in 1 hour, how far will they run in 5 minutes?
- Algebra - Jed decided he needs to start exercising more. On Monday, he runs 2 ...
- Algebra - Suzi drove home at 69 mph, but her brother Jim, who left at the same ...
- algebra - Hong goes running Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week. Each ...