Posted by TiffanyJ on .
Diagram the simple subject and the simple predicate of each sentence.
1.Where do people use machines? people/use
2. Machines exist in homes, office buildings, and hospitals. Machines/exist
3. What amazing things machines can do! Machines/can do
2 and 3 are correct.
There's an auxiliary (helping) verb in #1. do you see it?
For #4, if that's all there is to the sentence, then the subject is "the understood 'you'" --
4. Listen to the radio. You/listen
5. Some machines perform several tasks. Machines/perform
6. Do you use a computer? you/use
7. Try this program. You/try
8. What a fast printer you have! You/have
9. How long does it take. it/take
10. This printer works beutifully. printer/works
for #1 is it people/do use
Yes, now you have #1 correctly done.
For #s 4 and 7, put the word "you" in parentheses. For example, (you)/listen
Re-think #s 6 and 9 in light of #1.
The rest are fine.