Posted by TiffanyJ on Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 7:22am.
Diagram the simple subject and the simple predicate of each sentence.
1.Where do people use machines? people/use
2. Machines exist in homes, office buildings, and hospitals. Machines/exist
3. What amazing things machines can do! Machines/can do
- grammar - Writeacher, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 7:26am
2 and 3 are correct.
There's an auxiliary (helping) verb in #1. do you see it?
For #4, if that's all there is to the sentence, then the subject is "the understood 'you'" --
- grammar - TiffanyJ, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 7:29am
4. Listen to the radio. You/listen
5. Some machines perform several tasks. Machines/perform
6. Do you use a computer? you/use
7. Try this program. You/try
8. What a fast printer you have! You/have
9. How long does it take. it/take
10. This printer works beutifully. printer/works
- grammar - TiffanyJ, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 7:31am
for #1 is it people/do use
- grammar - Writeacher, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 7:39am
Yes, now you have #1 correctly done.
For #s 4 and 7, put the word "you" in parentheses. For example, (you)/listen
Re-think #s 6 and 9 in light of #1.
The rest are fine.
- grammar - TiffanyJ, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 7:52am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English 2 - Expand each sentence below by adding words or phrases that modify ...
- Simple machines: physic science - We have to use simple machines to light a fire...
- English - Expand each sentence below by adding words or phrases that modify the ...
- Science - I need help! What are eight examples of simple machines And eight ...
- Grammar - Diagram each sampile subject and simple predicate. 1. People arrived ...
- phyiscs- rube goldberg machine - Identify two types of simple machines that are ...
- bus stats - A manufacturing company has 5 identical machines that produce nails...
- Machines and humans? - What are some conflicts between humans and machines that ...
- Science 8R - help! - HW - Name an example of the 6 simple machines that are in ...
- Science 8R - HELP! - any drawing?? a simple rube goldberg diagram that shows six...