Posted by ashely on Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 3:24am.
find the exact value of cos 3.14/8
trig - MathMate, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 7:56am
Since 3.14 is an approximation to π,
I suppose you mean finding the exact value of cos(π/8).
Use the half angle formulae:
The second formula is not required for this problem, but I suggest you memorize both of them, because they will be very useful in your academic life.
Start from known values,
Apply the formula one more time to get cos(π/8):
trig - Vanessa, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 5:12am
Okay, I understand how to get pi/8 but how do you figure pi/7 and how do you figure cos(10degrees) when you can use the sum and difference method of angles? Please help it is driving me crazy, and I have finals coming up. Need to get this down. Can I do the method about using pi/3 and pi/4 in the half angle formulas to find exact value of cos and sin of (pi/7)? I am so confused.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trig - If cosx = 10/19 an pi < x < 2pi, find the exact value of cos x/2 ...
- trig - 2sin(x)cos(x)+cos(x)=0 I'm looking for exact value solutions in [0, 3...
- Math- Trig - 1. Determine the exact value of cos^-1 (pi/2). Give number and ...
- Trig - 1. Establish the identity: sin(theta+3pi/2)=-cos(theta) 2. Find the exact...
- Trig hep, please? Thank you! - 1. Find the exact value of sin(195(degrees)) 2. ...
- trig - How do I solve this? If cos x= 3/5, find the exact value of cos 2x
- Math - Find the exact value of the trig expression given that sin u = -5/13 and ...
- trig - suppose that sin(x) + cos(x) = 4/3 a)square this result and find a value ...
- trig - Find the exact value of Cos(sin-1ã(3/2))
- trig - find exact value of cos(23pi/6)