Posted by Amy on Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at 11:15pm.
Can anyone help with the following problem please...Thank u so much
Let f(x) =|9x|. For the area above the x-axis and between the lines x= -9 and x=18
a. draw and label a sketch with
the area shaded
b. find the area of the region in
the xy-plane under the graph
- Pre-Calc - MathMate, Wednesday, December 8, 2010 at 11:36pm
For this kind of problem, it is always desirable to make a sketch within the limits of the domain, from x=-9 to 18.
Using the formula for the area of a triangle as:
Area = (1/2)base*height
You can find the areas of the two triangles between the function and the x-axis.
If you need further help, don't hesitate to post.
- Pre-Calc - Reiny, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 12:19am
Amy, please check to see if your question has been answered before posting the same question again.
you asked the same question with only a small change yesterday,
MathMate has gone to some length to answer it again, even creating a picture for you.
make a note of your post by jotting down the time of the first posting, even though it moves off the page, it is then rather easy to find
- Pre-Calc - Amy, Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 12:30am
Thank you for your help
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-calc - Can someone please show me the steps to this problem...Thanks in ...
- Pre-Calc - Seeking step by step help with this question...Thank you much. Let f(...
- Pre-Calc - Find the area of the region between the graph of y=1/x, the x-axis, ...
- Math (Statistics) - (Find Normal Proportions) The lengths of Atlantic croaker ...
- brief calc - Calculate the total area of the region described. Do not count area...
- Pre Calc To Reiny - Follow up on Pre-Calc Answer - Pre-Calc - Follow-up for ...
- math (4) - Sketch the graph (Do this on paper. Your teacher may ask you to turn ...
- Calc. - Find the area of the region bounded by the parabola y=x^2, the tangent ...
- Calc - Find the area between the x axis and the graph of y = (2e^x)/(1+e^(2x)) a...
- Calculus - 1. Find the area of the region bounded by the curves and lines y=e^x ...