Posted by Dobby on Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 7:22pm.
If the corresponding angles of 2 polygons are congruent and the lengths of the corresponding sides of the polygons are proportional, the polygons are...
- MATH - MathMate, Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 7:50pm
There is nothing that says that the sides are equal, so they cannot be congruent.
Congruence of polygons require angles AND sides to be congruent.
Nothing has been said about the sides being equal or symmetric either.
However, if the corresponding angles are congruent, the polygons should be .....
- MATH - Dobby, Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 8:13pm
so it's congruent?
- MATH - MathMate, Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 8:36pm
"There is nothing that says that the sides are equal, so they cannot be congruent."
- MATH - Matt, Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 9:07pm
I don't get it?
- MATH - MathMate, Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 9:38pm
a regular polygon has all sides equal, and all angles equal.
two polygons are congruent if the corresponding angles are congruent, AND corresponding sides congruent.
When A polygon is symmetric, half of it is a mirror image of the other half.
Similar polygons have corresponding angles congruent, but we don't know if the sides are congruent, or we know that they are not congruent.
Now start with response (a), reread the question to see if (a) regular polygon qualifies as an answer. Proceed with all the responses and see if you are left with one possible response.
If you still cannot get it, post me your reasoning for your possible response(s).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Please help Math - If the corressponding angles of 2 polygons are congruent and ...
- Mathematics - Are the figures below similar? Why or why not?(Use the link below...
- can u help me - Which of the following statements is always true of similar ...
- MATH - Two polygons are congruent and the perimeter of the first polygon is 38 ...
- TRIANGLE MATH HELP!!! - Are the figures below similar? Why or why not? Determine...
- Math - Which statements are always true about regular polygons? Select all that ...
- Grade 8 Math - How can you use the measures of the interior angles of regular ...
- geometry - the perimeters of 2 similar polygons are 20 and 28. One side of the ...
- Math - 1. Which polygon will always be irregular? A. triangle B. trapezoid** C. ...
- Math - What is the square of the least two-digit prime number? What is the least...