Posted by TiffanyJ on Monday, December 6, 2010 at 9:51pm.
5. Most factories are busy. Factories/are busy
9. People are watching a show. People/are watching
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 6, 2010 at 9:58pm
9. is correct.
5. busy is an adjective, describing factories. It is not part of the verb.
Grammar - TiffanyJ, Monday, December 6, 2010 at 10:00pm
o thanks for the help so is it Factories/busy or Factories/are
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 6, 2010 at 10:04pm
The verb is "are."
These "to be" forms are always verbs.
am, is, was, are, were, be, being, been.
Grammar - TiffanyJ, Monday, December 6, 2010 at 10:05pm
o thanks a lot i udersatand now thanks
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 6, 2010 at 10:10pm
Great! And you're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - Diagram each sampile subject and simple predicate. 1. People arrived ...
- Math - An environmental survey contained a question asking what respondents ...
- Math(Probability) - An environmental survey contained a question asking what ...
- Social Studies - How could the North's factories be considered an advantage? A. ...
- language - is my free verse peom correct? can you check for any errors? thank ...
- language - This is my whole free verse poem. i hope it fully sends this time. ...
- Grammar - Which is correct? I have been..... Crazy busy Or Crazily busy
- English - 1. I think watching TV is bad because we can become violent. 2. I ...
- us history - Which answer best describes why high numbers of children were hired...
- English - 1. I think watching TV is bad because we cannot study effectively. 2. ...