Posted by TANGIE on Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 9:18pm.
Someone please help me not sure if I even know what I am doing with any of this.
write the following ratios in simplest form 5 3/5 to 2 1/10 5 3/5 2 1/10 x 100/100 = 8/20 = 2/5
the ratio of 7 dimes to 3 quarters
7/3 x 100/100 = 700/300 = 175/75
solve the following applications
an algebra class has 7 men and 13 women. write the ratio of women to men. 7 men 13 women x 100/100 = 700/1300= 175/325
Marc took 3 hours to mow a lawn while Angelina took 150 minutes to mow the same lawn a week earlier. Write the ratio of Marc time to Angelina time as a ratio whole numbers. 3h/150 min. x 100/100 = 300/15,000 = 75/ 1875
find the rate 240 pounds of fertilizer/ 6 lawns.
240/6 x 100/1= 24000/6= 4000
which is the better buy 5lb of sugar $4.75 or 20lb for $19.92?
4.75/5x100/1=475/5=95 19.92/20x100/1= 19.922/20=0.996
write the proportion that is equivalent to given statement
If Maria hit 8 home runs in 15 softball games, then she should hit 24 home runs in 45 games.
8/15 x 24/45 = 360
determine whether each pair of fraction is proportional.
5/8 x 75/120 = 600/600
determine if the given rates are equivalent.
12 gallons of paint/8,329 ft2 ? 9 gallons of paint/ 1,240 ft2 = not equivalent.
A store has t-shirts on sale 2 for $5.50. at this rate how much does 5 t-shirts cost?
$5.50/5 = $1.10
assume a 150lb person.
if a person jogs at a rate of 5 1/2mi/h
for 3 1/2h in a week, how many calories do they burn? 60
if a person runs in place for 15 minutes, how many calories will be burned? 9,750
if a person cross country skis for 35 minutes, how many calories will be burned? 24,500
how many hours would a person have to jump rope in order to lose 1 pound? (assume calorie consumption is just enough to maintain weight, with no activity.) 750
heavier people burn more calories (for the same activity), and lighter people burn fewer. In fact, you can calculate similar figures for burning calories by setting up the appropriate proportions.
at what rate would a 120lb person burn calories while bicycling at 12mi/h? 1,440
at what rate would a 180lb person burn calories while bicycling at 12 mi/h? 2,160
how many hours of jogging at 5 1/2 mi/h would be needed for a 200lb person to lose 5lb? (again assume calorie consumption is just enough to maintain weight with no activity.) 500
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math check - write the decimal as a fraction or a mixed number in simplest form ...
- Algebra II-please check - Write the polynomial in simplest form with roots 4, 5i...
- Math help, anyone? - Solve the proportion. Where necessary, round to the nearest...
- math - express these ratios as a fraction in simplest form 1. 25 to10 2. 14:70 3...
- math - what is 84 over 100 in simplest form? If i had a calculater i could help ...
- Math - Write each of the following ratios in simplest form. The ratio of 5 3/5 ...
- Math - Write each of the following ratios in simplest form. The ratio 5 3/5 to 2...
- Math HELP! - 1. Write 12/32 in simplest form. Could someone please help me on ...
- Math - 1. What is the decimal equivalent to 72/100? a) 7.2 b) 0.72 c) 0.072 d) 0...
- Math - Express 0.54 as a fraction in simplest form. .54/100 54/100 27/50******* ...