Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 5:40pm.
Please check the meaning: "Like a cat in a corn crib, the girl pup sneaked in from behind and sank her needlesharp teeth in the coon's back." Just the "like a cat in a corn crib" part. Thanks!
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 5:42pm
Please clarify your question. I see nothing wrong with your whole sentence, including the part you are asking about.
- english - Anonymous, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 5:44pm
What does the simile "Like a cat in a corn crib" mean?
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 5:50pm
I've always lived in cities, but I think cats are kept in corn cribs (storage buildings) to keep the mice and rats away. If a cat catches one, it kills it.
- english - Anonymous, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 5:58pm
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 6:05pm
- english - Regan, Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 10:39pm
No, it means that it's easy to catch their prey. In that sentence Little Anne had a really easy time catching the coon. Because, rats and mice hang around corn cribs and eat the corn. They are ready made food supply and is easy for the cats to catch. Trust me, I'm doing this project right now. I did my research.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- reading - What is the meaning of the simile like a cat in a corn crib
- English - What does the simile "Like a cat in a corn crib" mean?
- Language Art - Research the meaning of the fallowing expression.- I try ...
- English - There is a crib next to the wall. There is a picture on the wall. In ...
- English - Identify the sentence that contains a noun cluase in italics. 1) Betty...
- English - Identify the sentence that contains a noun clause in italics. A. What ...
- english - 4. Identify the sentence that contains a noun clause in italics. A. ...
- English - I need some information about the figures (?) that are part of the ...
- PHYSICS - A baby bounces up and down in her crib. Her mass is 13.5 kg, and the ...
- communications - Baby crib bumpers have been used throughout generations, ...