Posted by Cas on Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 3:21pm.
i really need help of this writing assigment. i have been working on it for hours now and my brain is just jammed. okay .. the assigment is to
Write an eight sentence paragraph that fully develops the topic of how drunk driving can be stoped.
this is what i got so far
Drunk driving can be stopped by designated drivers and enforcing harsher penalties for drunk drivers.
not much i know but the 8 limit sentence makes me nervous and i don't know how to devolope the topic fully.
ideas please or even a start..
- writing - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 3:23pm
That's a start. Now expand that. How are you going to get drivers to be the designate? What about bartenders calling cabs to take people home? What penalties do you suggest?
Just write and don't worry about the number of sentences in your first draft. After you've written all that you can think of, then edit your essay down to 8 sentences.
- writing - Cas, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 3:30pm
when i finish can i post my first draft for u to review??
- writing - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 3:33pm
Yes, please do.
But please proofread this draft for typos and misspellings.
- writing - bobpursley, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 3:34pm
yes. A better way to stop drunk drivers is to have no drinking. Why do folks need excuses to drink? Why do folks need excuses to beat their wives? Why do folks need to max out credit cards to keep up appearances. You may want, as I am suggesting, hone in on the reason folks drink excessively.
- writing - Cas, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 3:36pm
Drunk driving can be stopped by designated drivers and enforcing harsher penalties for those who are caught drunk driving .Designated drivers should be available in larger numbers near bars and clubs or other places where alcoholic drinks are being served in large quantities.
i paused because i wanted to ask should i explain what designated drivers are or just keep going ..?
- writing - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 3:37pm
Explain in your second or third sentence just what designated drivers are.
Please help us help you and post your grade level.
- writing - Cas, Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 4:00pm
I agree with u bobpursley, the thing is I'm a not familiar with this subject too because I don’t drink nor does anyone I know because of religious reasons . yet I’m trying to be realistic and open minded that this problem does exist and we cannot permanent stop someone from drinking if he/she does not want to and that brings us to finding solutions in hopes that they do any good.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- speech - Choose one of the following topic sentences. Write an eight-sentence ...
- writing - I have to write an eight-sentence paragraph that fully develops this...
- English/Writing - 5. Choose one of the topics listed below and write a five-...
- psychology - need help on this assigment i need to know how can i start this ...
- help me to construct this in a good essay - English 101AYR has now been in ...
- English Writing - The explain in one paragraph for each website why you think ...
- MATH - frankie has an avg of 57% and he has 2 test left worth 5% each and 1 ...
- writing - Part II: Write one paragraph explaining the key differences between ...
- English/Writing - My first cheerleading competition, along with all of the ...
- writing process - Choose one of the following topics. Write an 8-paragraph ...