Posted by Simon on Friday, December 3, 2010 at 4:31pm.
So, for my english class, I'll have to write a Short story ( Exposition Rising Action Climax Falling action Resolution )
I'd like the story to be around the theme of christmas or horror during x-mas.
So I need you guys to help inventing a story with a surprising ending. You don't have to write a text ofc but only a lil summary, an idea.
Example : John is in the middle of the end of the world. He sees his city destroyed by some aliens.Blablablablabla. He wakes up, it was only a dream.
That's a bad classic, but it has, ''somehow'', a surprising ending.
Thanks, show me some creativity.
- English lit - Ms, Sue, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 5:39pm
Here's another classic story.
Poor family stressing out because they have no money to buy Christmas presents. They're infected by the greed for more and more "stuff." Yet, they don't have the money even for a decent Christmas dinner. It looks like a disastrous Christmas until they go to a soup kitchen, eat a meal, and stay to help serve others. In that way they find the "true spirit of Christmas."
- English lit - Writeacher, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 5:50pm
Ms. Sue's idea is FAR better and more in keeping with the idea of Christmas. Combining horror or surprise endings with Christmas doesn't seem to fit somehow.
- English lit - Simon, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 6:11pm
Thank's for pointing that out Writeacher. I approve that Ms Sue's classic story is more in the spirit of Christmas, but I'm more in search of a story with a suprising ending. When you read the end, you're like : wow, who would have thought that...
- English lit - Ms, Sue, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 6:14pm
Perhaps you could do your own variation of "The Necklace."
I also thought of a story with a tragic ending -- with the father shopping, stopping for a couple of drinks, and getting himself killed on Christmas Eve. But I don't really like that one.
- English lit - Ms, Sue, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 6:15pm
Of course, the rest of the story would be upbeat.
- English lit - Ms, Sue, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 6:25pm
A much better classic story for which you could write an adaptation is "The Gift of the Magi."
- English lit - Simon, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 6:41pm
Who would have thought...eheh last week I had a literature exam about ''The Necklace''. Thanks for the good, tragic, idea.
By curiosity, why would the father kill himself?
If other people have more ideas, be free to post. Thanks all.
- English lit - Ms, Sue, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 6:43pm
A common occurrence -- he has too much to drink and gets in a car accident.
- English lit - Simon, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 6:53pm
- English lit - Ms. Sue, Friday, December 3, 2010 at 6:55pm
You're welcome. Have fun with your story.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- language - A novel differs from a short story because it A. includes a theme. B...
- languages arts - The portion of a story in which the characters are introduced ...
- Eng B - A novel differs from a short story because it A. is more likely to ...
- English - What would you write in rising action, falling action, and a ...
- English - What is the term for the part of a story that sets up the story's ...
- language arts - watsons go to birmingham 1963 chapter 13-14 1. the portion of a ...
- English - Story Title A and P by John Updike Conflict advances the plot of a ...
- english literature - In young goodman brown what is the conflict, effect (...
- English - In Cyrano de Bergerac, Christian's death in Acy iV represents which of...
- English - At what point of a plot does the action wind down to reveal the ...