Posted by Need Help on Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:14pm.
i need help please. idont understand this question.
as he enter desdemona's bedchamber in order to kill her, othello mutters: it is the cause, it is the cause, my soul. what is he talking about? in what way might he be rationalizing Desdemona's murder?
i've been at for about an hour and i still cant figure it out.
i think the translation for "it is the cause" is justice
i really dont understand this question
please help and thank you
- English: Shakespeare-Othello - GuruBlue, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:24pm
Check this site for help with this question.
- English: Shakespeare-Othello - Writeacher, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:27pm
Here's the best website I've found to help students read Shakespeare's plays:
Click on the title of the play you want, then click on the act and scene. You'll find original Shakespearean language on the left and a modern-day "translation" on the right.
Here are several other really good websites about Shakespeare and his works and his times. Be sure to add ALL THESE to your favorites so you can find them again.
- English: Shakespeare-Othello - bobpursley, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 8:13pm
I am reminded about 40 years ago we had a President who was seeking reelection, he had Thugs in high places, and other lower moral assistants, who committed great crimes (burglary, lying, fraud, espionage) for the "cause" of reelecting the President. Most confessed they denied wrongdoing because it was for the cause. Even the President on national TV, in a very famous quote, stated that the break-in was not a crime if "the President authorized it". Othello was on the same slippery slope. Doing right is a tricky thing, because our human nature tells us that it is ok to do evil, if we are doing if for the "cause".
see this modern translation about doing it for the cause:http://nfs.sparknotes.com/othello/page_270.html
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English II - Concluding an essay!!! - Hi, I really need help concluding my ...
- English - Which wife is more virtuous to her husband Desdemona or Emilia in the ...
- English - i need help on othello i cančt figure out how does Iago dishonor ...
- English - I have to memorize and recite exactly 12 lines from Shakespeare's "...
- English - Shakespeare - In "Othello" Desdemona is slapped by Othello in Act 4 ...
- Shakespeare's "Othello" - What evidence is there that Othello may have been a ...
- speech english - what will continue to make Othello worthy of critical study? ...
- ENGLISH LITERATURE - ANSWER ONE ESSAY 'TAKE A NOBLE MAN. PUT HIM IN A SITUATION ...
- l.a. - what scenes from othello would any of you recomend for my school movioe? ...
- English - Writing an Othello essay, and I'm wondering if this sounds like I'm ...