Posted by Erin on Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:03pm.
how do you do these problems??
But I can do these types pf problems ( don't need help with problems below)
3/4 + 1/10
and 5/6 - 1/4
Math - Caitlyn, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:20pm
Negative fractions and whole numbers.
If the second number is greater than the first, subtract the first from the second and add a negative sign.
Math - Erin, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:22pm
ooppps i said it wrong!!!it's 5 - 2/6 sorry
Math - Caitlyn, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:31pm
Well then . . . You are subtracting fractions from whole numbers. You take your whole number and put it over 1. Then Find a commom denomenator between the two bottom numbers. For example, 5-2/6. 5/1-2/6. The common denomenator is 6. So inorder to get from 1 to 6, you have to multiply by 6. You do that to the top and bottom numbers. 5/1*6 is 30/6. Now you just subtract the two. 30/6-2/6= 28/6. Simplifyed is 4 and 2/3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math Help please!! - how do you do these problems?? 5-26 2-2/9 8-2/3 4/3+6 But I...
- algebra homework help - student missed 11 problems on a Chemistry test and ...
- algebra - A student missed 11 problems on a Chemistry test and received a grade ...
- Math-PLEASE check my answers - What types of problems can be solved using the ...
- Math - CAN SOMEONE CHECK MY ANSWERS PLEASE? What types of problems can be solved...
- Math - I am having problems understanding how to solve problems like the ...
- English Language - I asked this question earlier. I need to write 2 letters of ...
- Math 2 - What types of problems can be solved using the greatest common factor? ...
- math - in the addition problems below each leter represents the same digit in ...
- Developmental Psychology - There are a number of ways that emotional or ...