help help help please
13. Here's why:
There are eight possible combinations, which I will refer to as A - H, as follows:
A. Blue, Fair, LoveMath
B. Blue, Fair, NotLoveMath
C. Blue, NotFair, LoveMath
D. Blue, NotFair, NotLoveMath
E. NotBlue, Fair, LoveMath
F. NotBlue, Fair, NotLove Math
G. NotBlue, NotFair, LoveMath
H. NotBlue, NotFair, NotLoveMath
Here are the clues:
1. He knew that he needed 57 in total,
2. that 27 had to have blue eyes
[2a. so 30 do not have blue eyes]
3. and 29 had to have fair hair.
4. His assistant gnome pointed out that some had to have both features
5. and remembered that 3 dolls were needed having blue eyes and fair hair, but which were not able to say 'I Love Math'.
6. he needed a total of 34 dolls able to say ''I Love Math',
7. of whom 17 needed to have fair hair [7a which means that 17 did not have fair hair].
8. "Every doll had at least 1 of the features named";
9. "That there was one combination of features not asked for at all"
10. "Several children had asked for all 3 features in the one doll".
From clue 5 you know B = 3
From clue 8 you know H = 0
From clue 3, A+B+E+F = 29. We already know B = 3, and from clue 7 A+E = 17. So F=9.
From clue 9 you know one of the remaining is 0. Let's guess that C=0 (you can try others, but this seems to work out)
Then from c7a, since C=0 that means G = 17.
From 2a, since E+F+G = 30 and already know F=9 and G=17, so E=4.
From 7, given E=4 then A = 13.
Finally from 2, since A+B+C+D = 30, then D=11.
A = 13 = Blue, Fair, LoveMath
i don't know!!!!! waaaaaaahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mommy? is that you? no!!!! its santa!
Answer this Question
5th grade math - a new fence is needed for the perimeter of a rectangular horse ...
math - 1. Elizabeth planned to make 6 pans of apple crisp for the day, using ...
5th grade math (word problems) - Problem: A receipe for 4 dozen cookies requires...
Math - Sarah was trying to figure out her grades for her math course. she only ...
MATH-PERCENTILES - I JUST TOOK A TEAS TEST(FOR PRACTICAL NURSING ADMISSIONS). ...
Algebra- word problem - Jordan has a photograph on his wall that is 3 in. long ...
5th grade math word problems - Frank saved 50% by purchasing his airline ticket ...
Pre-Calculus - A rectangular garden with an area of 250 square meters is to be ...
4th grade math - there were 18 kids at the play.each kid had 4 dolls.how many ...
5th grade math - what is a word problem for 4.23x10