help help help please
13. Here's why:
There are eight possible combinations, which I will refer to as A - H, as follows:
A. Blue, Fair, LoveMath
B. Blue, Fair, NotLoveMath
C. Blue, NotFair, LoveMath
D. Blue, NotFair, NotLoveMath
E. NotBlue, Fair, LoveMath
F. NotBlue, Fair, NotLove Math
G. NotBlue, NotFair, LoveMath
H. NotBlue, NotFair, NotLoveMath
Here are the clues:
1. He knew that he needed 57 in total,
2. that 27 had to have blue eyes
[2a. so 30 do not have blue eyes]
3. and 29 had to have fair hair.
4. His assistant gnome pointed out that some had to have both features
5. and remembered that 3 dolls were needed having blue eyes and fair hair, but which were not able to say 'I Love Math'.
6. he needed a total of 34 dolls able to say ''I Love Math',
7. of whom 17 needed to have fair hair [7a which means that 17 did not have fair hair].
8. "Every doll had at least 1 of the features named";
9. "That there was one combination of features not asked for at all"
10. "Several children had asked for all 3 features in the one doll".
From clue 5 you know B = 3
From clue 8 you know H = 0
From clue 3, A+B+E+F = 29. We already know B = 3, and from clue 7 A+E = 17. So F=9.
From clue 9 you know one of the remaining is 0. Let's guess that C=0 (you can try others, but this seems to work out)
Then from c7a, since C=0 that means G = 17.
From 2a, since E+F+G = 30 and already know F=9 and G=17, so E=4.
From 7, given E=4 then A = 13.
Finally from 2, since A+B+C+D = 30, then D=11.
A = 13 = Blue, Fair, LoveMath
i don't know!!!!! waaaaaaahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mommy? is that you? no!!!! its santa!
5th grade math - what is a word problem for 4.23x10
5th grade - Will someone tell me a webpage my daughter can get help on solving ...
5th Grade Match - Writing in Math: Write a word problem using the number ...
5th grade math word problems - Frank saved 50% by purchasing his airline ticket ...
5th grade - write a real word problem where you would multipy 120 and 75
5th grade - what if santa ws in the middle of a ladder then went up three steps ...
HELP MATH - Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am in the 5th grade. ...
5th grade Math - I need to know how to write in word form how 7/8 is greater ...
5th grade math - 7,654,321,158,906 written in word form is what?
Math - Hey umm what do you learn in the 5th grade math??? This is for my ...