help help help please
13. Here's why:
There are eight possible combinations, which I will refer to as A - H, as follows:
A. Blue, Fair, LoveMath
B. Blue, Fair, NotLoveMath
C. Blue, NotFair, LoveMath
D. Blue, NotFair, NotLoveMath
E. NotBlue, Fair, LoveMath
F. NotBlue, Fair, NotLove Math
G. NotBlue, NotFair, LoveMath
H. NotBlue, NotFair, NotLoveMath
Here are the clues:
1. He knew that he needed 57 in total,
2. that 27 had to have blue eyes
[2a. so 30 do not have blue eyes]
3. and 29 had to have fair hair.
4. His assistant gnome pointed out that some had to have both features
5. and remembered that 3 dolls were needed having blue eyes and fair hair, but which were not able to say 'I Love Math'.
6. he needed a total of 34 dolls able to say ''I Love Math',
7. of whom 17 needed to have fair hair [7a which means that 17 did not have fair hair].
8. "Every doll had at least 1 of the features named";
9. "That there was one combination of features not asked for at all"
10. "Several children had asked for all 3 features in the one doll".
From clue 5 you know B = 3
From clue 8 you know H = 0
From clue 3, A+B+E+F = 29. We already know B = 3, and from clue 7 A+E = 17. So F=9.
From clue 9 you know one of the remaining is 0. Let's guess that C=0 (you can try others, but this seems to work out)
Then from c7a, since C=0 that means G = 17.
From 2a, since E+F+G = 30 and already know F=9 and G=17, so E=4.
From 7, given E=4 then A = 13.
Finally from 2, since A+B+C+D = 30, then D=11.
A = 13 = Blue, Fair, LoveMath
i don't know!!!!! waaaaaaahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mommy? is that you? no!!!! its santa!
5th grade math - a new fence is needed for the perimeter of a rectangular horse ...
Algebra- word problem - Jordan has a photograph on his wall that is 3 in. long ...
5th grade math (word problems) - Problem: A receipe for 4 dozen cookies requires...
Algebra ll - Cleopatra was needed barge workers, and when the word went out 175 ...
7th grade math help Ms. Sue please - How do you find the sales tax of something...
math 3rd grade - Sam is making muffins. One bath is blueberry and one batch is ...
5th grade - what if santa ws in the middle of a ladder then went up three steps ...
4th grade math - there were 18 kids at the play.each kid had 4 dolls.how many ...
math - A toy manufacturer is introducin g two new dolls, my first baby and my ...
childcare - Introducing organized sports among young children is not recommended...