Posted by Oddbjørn on Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 2:31pm.
Hello agein, a biger question this time.
Height difference H 180 meters
Flow T 3000 tons / second
Delivery 4.2 GW P
How large is the efficiency of the plant through the turbines?
From turbine power plant goes through a cable stretch over a long stretch. The efficiency of this stretch is estimated to be 0.62 (62%).
How much effect can be taken out of a maximum cable migration on the supply side?
How large is the overall efficiency of the plant from the dam to the delivery point
Thanks for your help
- Physics - drwls, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 4:12pm
Are you talking metric tons (1000 kg) or USA tons (2000 lbm)?
a) Divide the rate of (water) potential energy loss to the electrical output of the turbine. Use consistent units
efficiency = 4.2*10^9 W/(dM/dt)*g*H)
dM/dt is the mass flow rate; H is the height of reservoir water above the turbine intake.
If your tons are metric, I get 79.4%
b) I have no idea what you mean by "taking effect out of cable migration"
Are you Google-computer-translating from Norwegian?
(c) The overall efficiency is the product of turbogenerator efficiency (from a) and the line transmission efficiency
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Hey, have a question in Physics From a power magazine released 300,000...
- physics - A Norwegian hydroelectric power plant is built on a small river. The ...
- environmental engineering - A water treatment plant has 6 settling tanks that ...
- Physics - A steam-electric power plant delivers 900 MW of electric power. The ...
- physics - A power station with an efficiency of 0.35 generates 10^8 W of ...
- Math - Hello again! Here's another question. 1. The table shows the height of a ...
- Math - PreCalc (12th Grade) - If the distance covered by an object in time t is ...
- PHYSICS NEED HELP FAST - A power plant has a power output of 1055 MW and ...
- Physics - A nuclear power plant has an electrical power output of 1200 MW and ...
- physics - A nuclear power plant has an electrical power output of 1900 MW and ...