Posted by rahila on Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 4:18am.
Consider the following student errors. After each error, state:
i) What the mistake is.
ii) Why you think it has been made.
iii) How you would explain and correct the mistake with a student.
a) I am a secretary for five years.
b) I have eat breakfast.
c) She’s liked him since six months.
d) When you start work?
e) I’ve been knowing her for three months.
- help me its urgent - drwls, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 6:15am
The errors are in the choice of tense or the way the verb conjugation was done. Here are the correct ways of conjugating those verbs. You should decide why the errors were made and how to explain the error to the student.
(a) I have been a secretary for five years.
(b) I have eaten breakfast. OR
I've eaten breakfast
(c) She's liked him for six months OR
She has liked him for six months.
(d) When do you start work? (That is, what is your shift?), OR
When did you start work? (if you asking about the current day only)
(e) I’ve known her for three months, OR I have known her for six months.
- English grammar - Writeacher, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:36am
When you post a question at 2:30 am EST, it's unlikely you'll get help for several hours.
Answer this Question
- english grammar - She’s liked him since six months. When you start work? I’ve ...
- Algebra II - A student is asked to solve b2 + a2 = c2 for a and gives the ...
- chemistry URGENT - I need someone to check my answers to make sure that I have ...
- Calculus - dy/dx[tan(y)=x=y] in terms of y the answer my teacher got was cot^2(y...
- math - Find the error. Sam is finding 9-6+2. Find his mistake and correct it. ...
- algebra 1 - Natalie made a mistake in the following problem. What line was the ...
- Math - I made a mistake when I simplified. Find and explain my mistake. Then ...
- Law - 1. The Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits what two types ...
- Algebra II - Find the error in each of the following and provide an explanation ...
- English - 1. They made a mistake. 2. They made two mistakes in composition. 3. ...