Posted by rahila on Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 4:18am.
Consider the following student errors. After each error, state:
i) What the mistake is.
ii) Why you think it has been made.
iii) How you would explain and correct the mistake with a student.
a) I am a secretary for five years.
b) I have eat breakfast.
c) She’s liked him since six months.
d) When you start work?
e) I’ve been knowing her for three months.
help me its urgent - drwls, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 6:15am
The errors are in the choice of tense or the way the verb conjugation was done. Here are the correct ways of conjugating those verbs. You should decide why the errors were made and how to explain the error to the student.
(a) I have been a secretary for five years.
(b) I have eaten breakfast. OR
I've eaten breakfast
(c) She's liked him for six months OR
She has liked him for six months.
(d) When do you start work? (That is, what is your shift?), OR
When did you start work? (if you asking about the current day only)
(e) I’ve known her for three months, OR I have known her for six months.
English grammar - Writeacher, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 7:36am
When you post a question at 2:30 am EST, it's unlikely you'll get help for several hours.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english grammar - She’s liked him since six months. When you start work? I’ve ...
- Algebra II - A student is asked to solve b2 + a2 = c2 for a and gives the ...
- chemistry URGENT - I need someone to check my answers to make sure that I have ...
- Student supervision - What is a good technique to follow when you'return ...
- math - A STUDENT SAID THAT 3^5 / 9^5 IS THE SAME AS 1/3 . WHAT MISTAKE HAS THE ...
- English - 1. It was his mistake that he didn't walk the dog on a lead. 2. It was...
- chem 121 - A student rushed in order to complete this experiment quickly. In ...
- Chemistry - When setting up their experiment, a student discovered that the ...
- chem lab - when setting up their experiment, a student discovered that the ...
- Math - Please Help Check My Answer - Please help me with the following question...