Posted by Sarah on Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 11:17pm.
Should there be abolishment of the 12th grade? To some this may sound like a good idea in theory. But there could
be too many complications that come along as well. Some feel as if the 12th grade should be abolished in favor of job
training. As well as trying to encouraging high school drop outs by increasing their self asteem and preparing them for the
future. Teens feels as if the 12th grade year is a time to sit back and relax. This helps them preapre to transition out of
high school to enter the college of their chioce.
Republican Senator Chris Butters of Utah proposed cutting the 12th grade from Utah high schools. Terminating the
12th grade will save the state $102 million.This wont be a good idea due to the fact that most colleges require 4 years of
english, math, sicence and social studies. Senior year is to help students decide what there career path would be. To high
school seniors this is a time to celebrate all their hard earned work that they have accomplished. Towards the end of the
school year many events are taken place. Such as prom, senior trips, pranks, senior cut day, senior portrait, and most of
all yearbook signing and graduation. If the abolishment of the 12th grade was to happen there would be no jobs available
for there level of education. Some students take advantage of the 12th grade to take electives towards their career goal.
Abolishment of the 12th grade will put the idea into some stdents head that its okay to quit school, and transition
into a low paying job that offers no benefits. Doing this is just setting them up to fail. The 12th grade allows student to
gain more education on the profession they chose.Such as future doctors,lawyers,nurses, politicans, and future leaders of
this country. Throwing them out into the real world without preparation is also setting the economy up to fall into another
recession. Most jobs require excellent and percise skills and intensive training. This is what college is for. There will
be no job oppourtinities for a majority of these teens.We need to better education not destroy it.
Senior year is just a step further towards adulthood. To help you become successful in whatever career path you
chose. Without the 12th grade students wont have enough background knowledge on the profession of there choice. To most
teens senior year is one of the most important times in there lives. Skipping the 12th grade gives them a disadvantage at
life.It would be taking away from there educational experience's. The biggest mistake would be taking away there ability to
chose the right path that fits their future. Its important to make their educational experience count.
Senior year is what most teens look foward to when entering high school. To me education is critical. If there is
no education backround, then you wont be as successful in life as you imagined youself being. Teaching someone the value of
education can give them the drive to do better in life. The idea of abolishing the 12th grade is wrong. Its taking away
experiences that can help a teen grow and become more responsible, and successful in the profession of your choice.
- English(how is it?) - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 11:25pm
What is your question?
This reminds me that 12th grade was added to my grandfather's rural Indiana high school about 1895 -- 115 years ago.
- English(how is it?) - Sarah, Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 11:43pm
i want to know is it well written? what is your oponion on it. Should i change anything?
- English(how is it?) - MattsRiceBowl, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 9:27am
It is important to state your reasons early. Otherwise, it's hard to follow. I'm not sure, after reading this, WHY you think they should keep the 12th grade.
For now, stick to the power of 3. 3 reasons.
Sentence thesis: something like, "It is important that we keep the 12th grade in our schools." The next three sentences, state why. Then the next 3 paragraphs, expand on each one.
Be careful of your grammar as well. For now, I would work on structuring your paper more clearly. After that, you can focus on grammar and spelling. (There is a place, by the way).
Hope this helps some.
- English(how is it?) - Jen, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 10:22am
If the 12th grade was abolished, then the 11th grade would seem like 12th grade and the same thing would happen..
- Life Orientation - katlego, Monday, May 2, 2011 at 8:58am
5 ways of which environment problems impact the community
- English(how is it?) - Molly, Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 7:21am
Ya you do this by eating some bananas, there ya go
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 12th grade - There are 300 students in 12th grade. What is the total population ...
- English - Hello, class. We are going to do an activity. I want you to interview ...
- 12th grade - could some help me with my german homework, please?
- 11th grade u.s. history - Im doing a project on the 12th amendment but im having...
- 12th Grade Vocabulary Antonyms Practice - Does anyone know of a good place that ...
- 12th grade Social Science - Can anyone help me with these questions? How was the...
- 12th grade English - I need to write a one page response essay to the quote "you...
- 12th grade - How long did it take the Bill of Rights to come into effect?
- 12th grade (Law) - Could you tell me some information about NATO? I have to do a...
- 12th grade maths - how to present math in different angles which represents ...