Posted by lia mowin on Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 10:58pm.
I need SUPER help! A famer has to buy 100 animals, but can only spend exactly $5.00. He has to buy at least on of each animal a chcken for 0.01$, a cow for 0.10$ and a horse for 0.50$!!!! PLease HElp IT means so much I need it by Midnight tonight or else i dont pass my clas :(
- Math - Reiny, Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 11:56pm
number of chicken --- x
number of cows ---- y
number of horses ---- 100-x-y
.01x + .10y + .50(100-x-y) = 5
x + 10y + 50(100-x-y) = 500
x+10y+5000-50x-50y = 500
-49x-40y = -4500
49x + 40y = 4500
We need only integer solutions here,
after a few trial and errors I got
x = 60
y = 39
so 60 chickens --- .60
39 cows and -----3.90
1 horse ---------0.50 for a total of $5.00
Is this from an 1850 textbook?
- Math - lia mowin, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 12:35am
yes my teacher assigned it to my seventh grade class, thank you so much for your time!! =)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - You have exactly 100 dollars to buy 100 animals you must buy at least one...
- math - The gardener went to the market to buy 100 animals for a total of IDR 1....
- Math - a horse is $5 a cow is $3 & chickens r $.50 ea. now buy 100 animals 4 ...
- math - A farmer has $100.he has to buy 100 farm animals.He has to spend exactly...
- maths - I need to buy 100 farm animals with $100.. I need to have brought at ...
- math - a farmer bought chickens, goats and sheep. He bought 100 animals and ...
- math - i am a farmer he has $100 and he has to buy one hundred animals there is ...
- Math - I have $100.00 dollars to spend to buy 100 animals. Cows cost $50.00 each...
- math - you have to buy 100 animals. roosters cost 5.00, hens cost 1.00 and ...
- Somebody answer - answer questions Ask a question. I have been working on the ...