Posted by lynn on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 4:33pm.
if 100 g of iron were reacted with 100 g of oxygen according to the reaction below, the maximum yield in grams of Fe2O3 would be:
chemistry urgent - bobpursley, Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 4:20pm
Balance the equation. Note the coefficents on Fe and O2, that is the mole ratio.
calcuate how many moles of Fe, and O2 you have.
Which is the limiting reactant.
For instance, if the coefficents were 45Fe+ 34O2, the mole ratio of O2 to Fe is 34/45
If you had 2.3 moles of Fe, and 3.2 moles of O2, your mole ratio of O2 to Fe would be 3.2/2.3, significantly greater than the coefficents of needed moles. Well, if you have more, that means you have too much O2, so you limiting reageant would be Fe.
Finally, figure out how much product you get with your limiting reageant.
I'm still don't get it yet. Please help
4 Fe + 3 O2 -> 2 Fe2O3
e. none of these
- chemistry urgent - DrBob222, Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 4:38pm
You need to learn to do these so I don't intend to do this for you. However, if you follow the steps in the link I gave you (or if you follow Bob Pursley's instructions) you should get where you want to go.
Post any steps you don't understand with your work. We can help you through but only after we know what you don't understand WITH THE WORK.
- chemistry urgent - Anonymous, Monday, March 21, 2011 at 10:09pm
- asdf25f - Anonymous, Monday, March 21, 2011 at 10:09pm
dfshsdfbhsbdh hgjfgjj jgj
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry urgent - if 100 g of iron were reacted with 100 g of oxygen according ...
- Chemistry - 1. Iron oxide and carbon monoxide react according to the following ...
- Chemistry - Iron is obtained from iron ore according to the following reaction: ...
- Chemistry Pretest - Fe can be prepared as 2 Al + Fe2O3 ----> 2 Fe + Al2O3. ...
- chemistry - In an experiement 23.4 g of iron sulphide are added to excess oxygen...
- Chemistry - A 500g iron (Fe) rod was left in air for a long period of time, and ...
- chemistry - how grams of oxygen can be produced from the decomposition of 100g ...
- Chemistry - Equations - I am a student in the ninth grade and I need help with ...
- AP chem!!! - Iron ore consists mainly of iron III oxide. When iron III oxide is ...
- Chemistry - 26.98 grams of Al and 35.45 grams of Cl2 are reacted according to ...