Posted by TiffanyJ on Monday, November 29, 2010 at 9:22pm.
For each sentence write whether the sentence is in the active or passive voice.
1.Pygmalion was written by George Bernard Shaw. Passive voice
2.Shaw's play is based on an ancient Greek myth. Active voice
3.Many people saw the play at the theater. Active voice
4.A show at the playhouse was criticized by many in the audience. Passive voice
5.Critics gave it poor reviews in the newspaper. Active voice
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 9:24pm
All are correct!
- Grammar -- Correction! - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 9:33pm
I goofed on sentence 2. That verb is in the passive voice because the play is not doing any action.
Sorry about the mistake.
- Grammar - TiffanyJ, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 9:37pm
ok sorrie but i have 15 more Questions
6.The script was written by a brilliant playwright. Passive voice
7.She created strange and different characters. Active voice
8.The director did his very best with the material. Active voice
9.The director was praised by sereral critics. Passive voice
10.The scenery was designed by members of a local drama clube. passive voice
- Grammar - Writeacher, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 9:40pm
6 - 10 = all correct!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English (Check) - In the following sentences based on the selection by Equiano, ...
- Description - Which of the following sentences are considered as a description ...
- active & passive voice - The difference between a sentence in the active voice ...
- PLEASE HELP ME!!! - EXAMINE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE AND CHOOSE THE APPROPRIATE ...
- English - 1. He wrote me a letter. 2. I was written a letter by him. 3. A letter...
- grammar - I am learning about active voice and passive voice. I was given some ...
- ENGLISH - GRAMMAR ???? - Do you know how cheese is made? - active voice. A new ...
- LA - Voices - Which statement is true about the passive voice? A verb is in the ...
- English (Check) - Write A if the verb is in the active voice and P if it is in ...
- FOR DAN H - EXAMINE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE AND CHOOSE THE APPROPRIATE ...