Posted by martin sostre on Monday, November 29, 2010 at 9:04pm.
yhank you very much for solving the question i asked yesterday:the two parners in a business, one partner mortgaged business property to his co-partner for $15,000 at 12% interest. no payments were ever made for 17 yearsyour answer was "assuming the interest is compounded yearly"the money owedis: A=$15000*1.12^17=$102,990.61. but if the interest is not compounded how much is owed ?
math - Reiny, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 10:02pm
I looked at the solution that MathMate gave you.
I would have done it the same way.
In this day and age interest would be calculated by compounding.
If you want simple interest then the problem is even easier
interest for the 17 years = 15000(.12)(12) = ....
add that to 15000
math - martin sostre, Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 2:17am
thanks again for your answer to my question about a 15000 mortgage at 12%interest on which no payments were ever made for 17 years.your answer for smple interest (since n.j. prohibits compound interest)was "interest for the 17 years=15000(.12(12)= add that to 15000 i don't understand what(.12)(12) means so i cannot add that to 15000.excuse me for being math ignorant.
math - MathMate, Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 6:45am
It was probably a typo, make that:
interest for the 17 years = 15000(.12)(17)
which is equivalent to $1800 a year for interest.
math - martin sostre, Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 6:21pm
thanks, igot it now. one more question: how many states prohibit compounding interest rates in mortgages?
math - martin sostre, Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 6:56pm
how many states in the u.s.a. prohibit compouding interest in mortgages?
math - martin sostre, Tuesday, November 30, 2010 at 9:24pm
how many states in u.s.a. prohibit compound interest in mortgages?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- business math - two partners in a business. one partner mortgaged business ...
- math - in new jersey compounding interest is prohibited.so whatwould be owed in ...
- Business Law - In each of following situtations. is there any violation of ...
- MAth - 1. John’s loans for his business total $155,000. One of the loans is a ...
- business - Congratulations! You have decided to start a new business! You will ...
- Business law - Should a petition of involuntary chapter 7 bankruptcy be granted ...
- Business - 18. Ray Seo has $5,000 to invest in a small business venture. His ...
- business finance - Stacy took out a loan for $15,000. Her note was for 300 days ...
- math - Two business partners, Ellen and Bob, invested money in their business at...
- company law - If a couple run a business and work as a partnership at will, what...