Posted by Amy on Monday, November 29, 2010 at 10:50am.
Which of the following species are isoelectronic? Select all that apply.
- Chemistry Help - DrBob222, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 2:32pm
Isoelectronic means the same number of electrons.
I would suggest you write out the electron configuration of each, then compare. For example, #1 is
16S = 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p4; therefore,
take away two outside electrons and
16S^-2 becomes 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p2
- Chemistry Help - Amy, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 2:50pm
For S^2- why are taking away electrons? Are suppose to add electrons?
- Chemistry Help - Amy, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 2:59pm
So far I have S^2-, Cl^-, K^+, and Ca^2+ instead the other two as the answer. Please tell me if I have these answers correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Which of the following species are isoelectronic? Select all that ...
- chemistry - Which of the following diatomic molecules are isoelectronic to BN? ...
- chemistry - which of the following are isoelectronic species: Na+,K+,Mg+2,Ca+2,...
- chemistry - Mg+2 is isoelectronic species with ................ (give 2 species)
- Chemistry - Sort these species into isoelectronic groups. It doesn't matter ...
- chemistry - Which of the following substances can act as a Bronsted acid in ...
- chem - Which of the following species is isoelectronic, Ba2+ and Ba, Al3+ and Ar...
- Math HELPPPP - (a) Which of the following are examples of the expression "...
- chemistry hellllllllllllllllllp - Oxidising and reduction- Chemistry? Oxidation ...
- PE/Health - Reading and following the directions on a drug label can help you ...