Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, November 28, 2010 at 8:08pm.
What are some similarities between the Wife of Bath's Tale and The Merchant's tale (by chaucer)?
- Literature - SraJMcGin, Sunday, November 28, 2010 at 8:38pm
Please try some of the following links:
- Literature - Writeacher, Sunday, November 28, 2010 at 8:43pm
Here's how to use this site:
1. In the left column (window), scroll down until you find the tales you need to read and know about. (The Wife of Bath's Tale is in Fragment III. The Merchant's Tale is in Fragment IV.)
2. Click on the side-by-side-translation link.
As you read each tale, take notes. What parts of the story are similar? What are different? Is there anything about the way one tale is told that is similar to the other? ... different from the other?
If you take notes in columns, one column for each tale, you'll find it easier to isolate their similarities and differences.
If you need help organizing your paper, let us know.
- Literature - Anonymous, Sunday, November 28, 2010 at 8:45pm
it's not a paper, but i just need a few bigger picture things. is there a part in The Merchant's Talr that compares women or men to fire or hell? because I thought i found something a but ago but i cant remember anymore
- Literature - Writeacher, Sunday, November 28, 2010 at 9:04pm
Don't try to remember. Go back into the text and reread it. That's the best way to make sure.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 12th grade - i have to write my essay about "the wife of Bath's tale" and first ...
- English-Canterbury Tales - I have to write a compare and contrast essay of 300 ...
- Wife of Bath's - 1. Characterize the Wife of Bath's " philosophy" of marriage. ...
- English - I have to write an analytical essay discussing how Chaucer's Wife of ...
- enc 1101 - what are the similarities between the tell-tale heart and charles
- a tale of 2 cities - Whats the difference between a tale of 2 cities the book ...
- English - What is the moral of “The Wife of Bath's Tale”? A. Men should never ...
- British Literature - In the following passage from Chaucer's General Prologue, "...
- Creative writing - I have to write a fractured fairy tale, and I have 2 ...
- english - How did Chaucer depict the intervention of gods or goddesses in the ...