Posted by Kay-c on Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 9:44pm.
Many programs that prepare teachers and paraprofessionals for their new career require students to create a professional portfolio as a record of their professional development. Use Appendix A to help you create a Professional Development Plan—a component that can be added to your professional portfolio. In a 2,100- to 2,500-word paper composed in Microsoft© Word, include answers to the following questions:
o What are your goals in the next five years? In the next 10 or more years?
o What steps are necessary to get you to your goals? What obstacles can you foresee and how will you overcome them?
o What is one principle from the INTASC Principles Web site that you feel you need to improve the most in order to be effective in the education profession? What existing professional development program(s) could you pursue to address the need to improve in this area?
o What professional development programs can you enroll in to help you prepare to meet the diverse needs of today's learners?
o How will you evaluate your progress? What will help keep you motivated toward achieving those goals?
o What professional organizations will you join? Why? What do you expect to gain from membership in these organizations?
o What techniques will you use to help you develop leadership skills?
I need help figuring out where to start on this, I am a little lost. I know once I can get it started, I can do a good job, I just don't know where to start.
- college, teaching - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 9:49pm
1. Use Appendix A to create a professional development plan.
2. Answer the questions:
a. What are your goals in the next five years? In the next 10 or more years?
Take each question one at a time. Answer the questions first.
Then, you should be able to use your answers to write your plan.
- college, teaching - Writeacher, Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 9:49pm
You have to break something this large into pieces. Once you get the pieces drafted, you can put them together and revise until it's a coherent whole.
Start with Appendix A. Since no one here has a clue what's in it, you'll have to use it "to help you create a Professional Development Plan" -- and then take each of the bulleted questions and write an extensive response to each one.
Until you do those things, you cannot begin to put it all together into a proper response.
- college, teaching - drwls, Saturday, November 27, 2010 at 9:49pm
They ask you a series of questions about yourself. The best place to start would be by answering them with sentences.
Then arrange the answers in an essay form, with paragraph structure. You will have a lot of materiakl to work with.
- college, teaching - ann, Sunday, November 28, 2010 at 1:00pm
obstacles in the first year of teaching
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- AE - Complete the following: Many programs that prepare teachers and ...
- AED 201 - I am having a problem finding information on the following two ...
- AED 201 - identify 3-5 factors that define teaching as a professional career, ...
- Teaching as a Profession - • Write a 200- to 300- word paper in which you list 3...
- teaching as a professional career - list 3-5 factors that define teaching as a ...
- AED 201 - What steps are necessary to get you to your goals? What obstacles ...
- teaching as a professional career - In a 200- to 300-word response, you must ...
- teaching - List 3-5 factors that define teaching as a professional career. ...
- teaching factors - List 3-5 factors that define teaching as a professional ...
- ae - What professional development programs can you enroll in to help you ...