Posted by Harry on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 9:47am.
In "It Can't Be Helped," why does Mama destroy her dishes?
a)She does not like the pattern on the dishes, which are chipped anyway.
b)Most of the other dishes have been broken in the move.
c)She doesn't want the dealer to take advantage of her family's misfortune.
d)She is afraid the other residents might steal her dishes if she leaves them in the house.
I think its A?
- English 2 - Writeacher, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 9:50am
I've never heard of this story. Is it part of a larger book? Who is the author?
- English 2 - Harry, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 9:59am
It's in the English 2 textbook and the author is Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston.
- English 2 - Writeacher, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 10:03am
Then it's probably a chapter out of her book called Farewell to Manzanar. http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/manzanar/
Consider where Mama was when she broke those dishes. Consider what she and her whole family were being forced to do.
"A" is not correct.
- English 2 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 10:11am
It's been a long time since I read this book, but according to this site, A is not the answer.
- English 2 - Harry, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 10:18am
Is it C?
- English 2 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 10:20am
- English 2 - Harry, Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at 11:04am
I appreciate it
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- soc - Two roommates argue about who is doing the dishes. One is angry because ...
- English - My mom is still sick. I helped her with the dishes. (In the sentences...
- Math - 142 differet dishes of vegetables and fruits were prepared. If 42 more ...
- English - 1. Would you give me a hand with the dishes? 2. Would you give me a ...
- English - Mother is sick. So she helped Mother with the dishes. (What does that ...
- Physics - A magician pulls a tablecloth out from under some dishes. How far do ...
- algebra - As a restaurant owner there are many decisions that you need to make ...
- English - 1. I don't think it's good to get so many side dishes. 2. I don't ...
- English - 1. Can I ask you to wash the dishes? 2. May I ask you to wash the ...
- math - Marcus and Allen are playing Rock/Paper/Scissors. The first one to win 10...